• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

saying touch wood, when sleeping well never works???

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I had been sleep well of late, mixing in some natural stuff that was hitting the spot and actually contemplating changing from sleep meds to just using supps for sleep, then i tell a few people i have been sleeping well and feeling well in general, 'touch wood', and then u know what one crappy nights sleep and now im having my second night in a row of crappier nights sleep. Cant seem to put it all together, something seems to fall apart, if its not sleep, its the fog and headaches, if its not that its the achey leg thing and if im lucky its the achy body thing and when none of the chronic fatigue/fibro crap plays up my back will shit its selfs. im like that old GI joe man that keeps falling apart and u just stick is arm back in then is head falls off so glue that up etc etc

Maybe i shouldnt say anything, lol. Im working part time now and got 2 shifts this week and guess when they are and there 2pm till midnights which dont help, so its 230am in the morning after first shift, hopefully i get some sleep and get my self through shift number 2 tomorrow or today actually. Insomnia when i didnt have to work would have been better but i cant pick when its going to hit me, aaarrrggghhh.

thanks for the whinge,
cheers!!!

*GG*

I forget, can you take prescriptions for your sleep? How about anti-depressants? I saw a Physicl Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor and he helped me find a drug to put me out, and I feel much better now. I had to try a few drugs to find what worked for me, only have had to increase the dosage for last 2 years or so, and still working!

GG

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I forget, can you take prescriptions for your sleep? How about anti-depressants? I saw a Physicl Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor and he helped me find a drug to put me out, and I feel much better now. I had to try a few drugs to find what worked for me, only have had to increase the dosage for last 2 years or so, and still working!

GG

Thanks ggingues, i have a few different things i rotate between for sleep, some being sedating antidepressants, i have to swap regularly as meds seems to stop working quickly on me if i use them regularly. I just go through these stages where nothing works and i have to ride through the storm. If it gets to bad i do use seroquel which is really strong but even it only works if i use it once in awhile, so i save it for times like tonight where i have had 3 crappy nights in a row, it usually knocks me out for a minimum of 8 hours sometimes more if i havent slept well for awhile, then it sort of resets my system and more traditional sleep meds work again. I cant work out why these sleep cycles go whacky but this one started with the kids being sick and disrupting the first crappy night and then it went from there to work where i finished work at midnight and takes me awhile to unwind and sleep meds werent working. seems to be the more sleep deprived i get the harder it is to sleep for some reason.

I would really like to get out of these sleep problems and think there related to my adrenals and circadian rythym, chasing my tail trying to sort it out, i think only a hammer will fix it, lol.

cheers!!!