May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Save big money by buying expired/overstocked supplements

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Gypsy, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy Senior Member

USA
    I wanted to share two websites that I often buy supplements from that offer huge savings on supplements, many high quality brands like Metagenics, Biotics Research, Pure Encapsulations, etc., because they are expired or they are overstocked. (No, I don't work for either company! And yes, use your own discretion about how long expired supplements are good for, but I've taken lots and never had a problem)

www.healthdesigns.com

Click on the "Specials" tab. This has the expired supplements at huge savings. I've seen $90 supplements going for $10! You just have to see if what you want is in the specials.

The other website is:

www.thenatural.com

Click on where it says "Deals" and then "Overstock Sale". I have found lots of stuff and it is all 40% off because it is overstocked.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    ukxmrv, Misfit Toy, heapsreal and 2 others like this.
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
  3. Gypsy

Gypsy Senior Member

USA
    @minkeygirl

The sites I posted above have really expenive brands like Metagenics, Pure Encapsulations, Thorne, etc., for really cheap. Hard to find those brands discounted!

4. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    I don't want expired stuff. I take things then stop for awhile. No point how cheap if they expire and I can't use them.

5. Gypsy

Gypsy Senior Member

USA
    @minkeygirl Well, many medications have been shown to be OK for up to 10 years after "expiration"! How would a 2 month expired supplement not work? I think they are just trying to justify making us spend much more money by thinking something is not good after a few months.

Its like the "sell by dates" on foods.

Hell, I have supplements over a year old and they still seem effective to me.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  6. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    I have drawers full off stuff I have not used yet. That I got to try and haven't. Maybe I will in a year. I don't know. But I'd like that Option. My ocd won't let me use expired stuff.

"They" don't force me to buy anything.

7. Gypsy

Gypsy Senior Member

USA
    I have OCD also so I understand! Just not OCD in this supplement regard. I just hate wasting money on supplements and it seems that most are good for years and years after the "expiration".

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    ukxmrv likes this.
  8. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Any expired ampligen going cheap?

Vineyard1 and shannah like this.

See more popular forum discussions.