1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sauerkraut Recipe

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Pardalote, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Pardalote

Pardalote

I am posting the link or you can google
    How to Make Sauerkraut and bring up one from Nourished magazine which I think is good.
    It is fairly labour intensive but can last for weeks if not months.. I have an ancient shredder but a smart one might be easier..
    18- 24 is optimum temperature so quicker in hot weather , longer in cold.
    We like to "Burp" the kraut once a day i.e. let out excess gas while it is fermenting in first week.
    Little bit of trial and error but it is fun.

The link is
    http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com.au/articles/how-to-make-sauerkraut
  2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks - I'm trying to make sauerkraut right now. My last one was a mess. How do you burp the kraut?
  3. Pardalote

Pardalote

Hi Cort,
    Depending on temperature, type and freshness of cabbage etc there can? be a build up of gas at the top of the jar..To alleviate the pressure (if you see X.S. gas just slightly open the jar for a couple of seconds..No need to open jar if you see no gas..Usually takes a few days for any gas to appear... Good Luck

See more popular forum discussions.