1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sauerkraut Recipe

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Pardalote, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Pardalote

Pardalote

I am posting the link or you can google
    How to Make Sauerkraut and bring up one from Nourished magazine which I think is good.
    It is fairly labour intensive but can last for weeks if not months.. I have an ancient shredder but a smart one might be easier..
    18- 24 is optimum temperature so quicker in hot weather , longer in cold.
    We like to "Burp" the kraut once a day i.e. let out excess gas while it is fermenting in first week.
    Little bit of trial and error but it is fun.

The link is
    http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com.au/articles/how-to-make-sauerkraut
  2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks - I'm trying to make sauerkraut right now. My last one was a mess. How do you burp the kraut?
  3. Pardalote

Pardalote

Hi Cort,
    Depending on temperature, type and freshness of cabbage etc there can? be a build up of gas at the top of the jar..To alleviate the pressure (if you see X.S. gas just slightly open the jar for a couple of seconds..No need to open jar if you see no gas..Usually takes a few days for any gas to appear... Good Luck

See more popular forum discussions.