• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

San Francisco area - CFS Study - $1300 for healthy women

Hope123

I know people on this forum are sick but perhaps you know a healthy woman who might be interested in helping us out.

Dr. Jarred Younger, who investigates FM and CFS at Stanford along with Dr. Montoya, is looking at blood biomarkers that change with fatigue and other symptoms from day-to-day. At the moment, they have enough subjects with CFS but are looking for HEALTHY women without pain or fatigue to act as controls that they can compare the sick people to.

If you know of any women
- that are pain- and fatigue-free
- between the ages of 48 and 60
- have a BMI (body mass index) of 28 or less [http://www.bmi-calculator.net/]
- can commit to 25 consecutive days of blood draws,

then have them call 650-724-2091 or e-mail Dr. Elizabeth Stringer at stringea@stanford.edu. We pay $1300 for the study. The needles are quite small and the nurses doing the draws are great.

(Please do not ask me any further questions but direct them to the contact info above.)

GracieJ

Thank you for posting this. My son and daughter-in-law are in the SF area, so I have forwarded this info to them as I am sure they know people who could participate.

charityfundraiser

Is there an "official" Web site with this recruiting information? That would be helpful for recruiting and reposting.

Just curious, if anyone knows, were the CFS patients also paid $1300 for the study or they didn't need that incentive?

silicon

Is there an "official" Web site with this recruiting information? That would be helpful for recruiting and reposting.

Just curious, if anyone knows, were the CFS patients also paid $1300 for the study or they didn't need that incentive?

Yes, the CFS patients were paid the same.