Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

samento anyone tried it for M.E.?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by alice71, Aug 29, 2017.

1. alice71

alice71

Hey M.E. warriors!

Please can anyone tell me if they have or are currently taking Samento? If you are, or have, any information on your experiences, results would be greatly welcomed. Please can you state your level of severity with M.E. also as I have severe M.E.

THANKS GUYS

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

Anyone using or have used samento?

alice71 likes this.
  3. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    I took Samento 2 years as a part of a simplified Nutramedix protocole for Lyme (cf Dr Cowden)... not for ME. But as I have also ME I didn't see any positive change in my symptoms like exhaustion, PEM.
    When using it, it is advised to ramp-up the dose (1 additionnal drop each time).

MEMum and ScottTriGuy like this.
  4. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

Dorset
    Used it about 10 years ago for 6 months. Had to increase dose very slowly as it made me feel worse for a while. But it had no impact on my ME. My condition is moderate.

MEMum and ScottTriGuy like this.
  5. alice71

alice71

Thanks Hanna, that's really interesting because every article I have found on internet is positive and I was thinking if it works so well for everyone why don't we all take it. Did you notice any improvement in other symptoms? I have terrible leg pain and wonder if it may eventually heal this symptom.

6. alice71

alice71

Thanks Jenny, really good to know as you get your hopes up that this will be the one thing that might help ease the suffering even just a bit, especially when all you read is how people how recovered from it!

Jenny likes this.
  7. themjay

themjay

I too have severe M.E and tried Samento.

It caused almost immediate autoimmune Scleritis that was agony and took a month to resolve.

I tried a few drops several months later and within an hour could feel pain returning in my eye so have not
    touched it again.

I would advise caution.

8. alice71

alice71

9. JES

JES Senior Member

You can just use plain Cat's Claw and get basically the same effects, at least according to Dr. Buhner. I think this herb is a good candidate if you have mycoplasma, lyme or other bacterial infection. It's also apparently a COX-2 inhibitor, so might reduce inflammation. It didn't have any particular positive impact for me though.

MEMum and alice71 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.