• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SAMe-when to add it?

I haven't tried liposomal vitamin c, I don't react well to lecithin-it seems to trigger depression for some reason, so I've been wary of trying it. I do take 9 grams of reg vit c, throughout the day and with the iron though.

(I swear, I'm a walking drugstore. :whistle: It's a regular juggling act to get all the protein, dairy, veggies, potassium, and everything else in during the day. I swear all I do is eat or take pills!)

Ill look for the iron glycinate; I'll bet its cheaper than floradix ($$$). I grabbed it because that was the MW's preference, but she doesn't care what I use as long as I stay over 12.

When we raised our own beef, I was able to maintain my iron by eating raw beef. Sounds awful, but properly seasoned, it's amazing. Packed into raw bell peppers or something, with plenty of garlic, salt and pepper, oh man it was good. I don't dare with commercial beef, though. :( someday, maybe...

whodathunkit

Ha! You're a walking drugstore, I'm a walking drugstore...probably half this forum is. One day, just for laughs, maybe I'll post a picture of the tote full of vitamins I take with me to work every day. I just get too lazy to load everything in a pill box, and dragging this thing around seems easier in some respects. I hear you about all you do is take pills or worry about when is the best time to eat what food. I'm there, too.

I don't know if glycinate is particularly cheap...I got a bunch of bottles on sale at my local compounding pharmacy so haven't bought any in quite a while. But even if it is expensive I think it's worth it. Don't know how it compares to the price of Floradix.

FYI, I *love* raw beef, too. If I thought it was safe I'd eat it daily (like you) with just some salt and garlic powder. But I don't do that any more. If I can find it I'll post the gawd-awful-gross-yet-hysterically-funny story I read online years ago, about a guy who got tapeworm from eating a popular local raw hamburger dish while in Europe. It pretty much cured me of eating raw beef, although I still sneak a few bites here and there when I'm cooking hamburgers, after I've seasoned the meat.

whodathunkit

@garyfritz: OMG, that's it!!! Hysterical! And disgusting!

This is really old...interesting to see it still floating around out there. Thanks for posting! :D :thumbsup::depressed: