1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SAMe-when to add it?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Laurel6123, May 3, 2014.

1. Laurel6123

Laurel6123

I haven't tried liposomal vitamin c, I don't react well to lecithin-it seems to trigger depression for some reason, so I've been wary of trying it. I do take 9 grams of reg vit c, throughout the day and with the iron though.

(I swear, I'm a walking drugstore. :whistle: It's a regular juggling act to get all the protein, dairy, veggies, potassium, and everything else in during the day. I swear all I do is eat or take pills!)

Ill look for the iron glycinate; I'll bet its cheaper than floradix ($$$). I grabbed it because that was the MW's preference, but she doesn't care what I use as long as I stay over 12.

When we raised our own beef, I was able to maintain my iron by eating raw beef. Sounds awful, but properly seasoned, it's amazing. Packed into raw bell peppers or something, with plenty of garlic, salt and pepper, oh man it was good. I don't dare with commercial beef, though. :( someday, maybe...

2. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

Ha! You're a walking drugstore, I'm a walking drugstore...probably half this forum is. One day, just for laughs, maybe I'll post a picture of the tote full of vitamins I take with me to work every day. I just get too lazy to load everything in a pill box, and dragging this thing around seems easier in some respects. I hear you about all you do is take pills or worry about when is the best time to eat what food. I'm there, too.

I don't know if glycinate is particularly cheap...I got a bunch of bottles on sale at my local compounding pharmacy so haven't bought any in quite a while. But even if it is expensive I think it's worth it. Don't know how it compares to the price of Floradix.

FYI, I *love* raw beef, too. If I thought it was safe I'd eat it daily (like you) with just some salt and garlic powder. But I don't do that any more. If I can find it I'll post the gawd-awful-gross-yet-hysterically-funny story I read online years ago, about a guy who got tapeworm from eating a popular local raw hamburger dish while in Europe. It pretty much cured me of eating raw beef, although I still sneak a few bites here and there when I'm cooking hamburgers, after I've seasoned the meat.

Laurel6123 likes this.
  3. garyfritz

garyfritz Senior Member

Sounds like http://fray.com/drugs/worm/ ?

whodathunkit and Laurel6123 like this.
  4. Laurel6123

Laurel6123

5. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

@garyfritz: OMG, that's it!!! Hysterical! And disgusting!

This is really old...interesting to see it still floating around out there. Thanks for posting! :D :thumbsup::depressed:

See more popular forum discussions.