1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Same poop, different gut

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by charityfundraiser, Nov 4, 2010.

1. charityfundraiser

charityfundraiser Senior Member

For physicians and researchers alike, fecal transplants present an opportunity to gain insight into disease

http://www.the-scientist.com/news/display/57795/

2. Glynis Steele

Glynis Steele Senior Member

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
    Hi,

Thanks for posting this, I love it!!:D I've been looking at studies regarding gut bacteria for ages, and have been astounded at the conditions that are implicated. This just confirms it all. The problem seems to be the thought of having someone else's poop transplanted into yourself is not a pleasant one!

Thanks again.

Glynis
  3. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    I just have to ask, would anyone actually consider trying this? Suppose it were free, would you do it?

My vote -No! I couldn't face it!!!! Argh!!!!
  4. 5150

5150 Senior Member

my digestive tract(including stomach) are exceedingly inflamed; can't get out of this current flare. Do you realize that inflamed systems / organs are often the cause of death? so obviously, extremely important to control this malfunction.

Death or Fecal Transplant? as a last resort, or maybe even sooner than that, I choose Life.
  5. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    I saw a TV show about this--they usually do it from someone the person lives with, like a spouse. They stick a tube down into your stomach. Wouldn't bother me at all, after all, I wouldn't be smelling or tasting anything. It's all mush down there anyway.
  6. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had c. diff. My late husband suffered with that throughout his cancer treatment. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Otherwise, I don't know. I somehow pictured it being more of bottom-up than top-down procedure which somehow sounds worse. :Retro tongue:
  7. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    "I somehow pictured it being more of bottom-up than top-down procedure which somehow sounds worse."
    He he! I thought so too....

If it can cure C diff then, yes, I would have it. I had that 25 years ago and still haven't quite got over the mental trauma.
  8. JenB

JenB

do you know of anyone who has tried fecal transplant for cfs?

See more popular forum discussions.