1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sam-e is normalizing my hormones

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by leaves, Oct 20, 2010.

1. leaves

leaves Senior Member

I have had very low hormones levels and amenorrhea sinds about 17. Im taking Sam-e for a while now and I feel my hormones are improving and when I stop it the effect goes away. Still amenorrhea but hoping the progress will continue. Just wanted to share.

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Hi leaves - Do you know if your sam-e is low per a blood test or other test? Just curious - as my hormones seem to be all messed up now. Whereas they were good for almost 2 years and all of a sudden went bonkers. Thanks

3. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Nope, but sam-e is not a hormone, it is a supplement.

4. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I get my hormones tested every few months and I use compounded hormones so they are all balanced. I am glad SAMe is working for you for that. I take it with my noon supplements.

5. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose

See more popular forum discussions.