• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"SALUTE TO SENIOR SERVICE" CONTEST please help win a 5K donation to MACFIDS!!

*GG*

If youve been helped in any way by the Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association during the past four years, the service received was provided under the leadership and guidance of Association President Alan Gurwitt, MD.

Thanks to the referral of an association member, Dr. Gurwitt has been nominated in the 2012 Salute to Senior Service contest which is designed to publically recognize seniors who volunteer a substantial amount of time in volunteer service.

A Senior Hero will be chosen from each State for special recognition and one National winner will be given an opportunity to designate the charity of their choice to receive a $5,000 donation.

If youd like to add your own comments in support of Dr. Gurwitts nomination, please do so before April 7th on the Salute to Senior Service contest page. Add your support.

http://www.salutetoseniorservice.com/senior-hero-nominations/alan-g/

justinreilly

I posted a comment in support. I am astonished at how much Dr. Gurwitt has accomplished for us. Thank you for posting this here, ggingues.

frenchtulip

I am absolutely thrilled that ME/CFS has a wonderful nominee in this contest! I will post info in the ME (ME/CFS) Fundraising Group on Facebook.

frenchtulip

Pat LaRosa, President of NJCFSA, has also been nominated

Pat LaRosa, President of the New Jersey CFS Association, has also been nominated in the Salute to Seniors Heroes Contest. There will be a Senior Hero chosen in every state, so we could have two state winners--Dr. Gurwitt from MA and Pat from NJ! Please consider leaving comments for both of these wonderful heroes! The judges will be reading the comments.
http://www.salutetoseniorservice.com/senior-hero-nominations/patricia-l/ Please see link above for Dr. Gurwitt.

justinreilly

Not sure what happened, but your comments have not appeared. Can you repost? thanks!

GG

I see it up there at March 30, 2012 at 08:28 pm
Posted by Justin Reilly, esq.
Dr. Gurwitt has done more for ME ("CFS") medicine and health care than almost any other medical doctor in the world. That he is 82 and suffering from an extremely debilitating disease (ME) and does this on a volunteer basis, is astonishing and humbling. Please elect this Superhero as your Senior Hero!