1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SAH to SAM-E Conversation enzymes and cofactors?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by DREBS, Jan 2, 2014.

1. DREBS

DREBS

Texas
    I always do my own research before asking a question that I could have gone and looked up myself but I am simply having a hard time finding the key players in converting S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase to SAM-E.

I'm assuming, just by looking at the cycle and what the numbers saying either something is draining my Sam-e (creatine demand or methyl doners) or it's not properly getting converted to SAH. So my question is around the area of what it needed to convert SAM-E to SAH.

I've read Phosphatidyl-ethanolamine, PMT (
    phenol O-methyltransferase) and many more… I don't know how accurate these are and how you would go about supporting them?

My Methionine is elevated/ borderline high in amino acid plasma
    My SAM-E is lower 223 REF RANGE 221-256
    However my SAH is high 56.4 REF RANGE 38-49
    As well as my Adenosine 26.9 REF RANGE 16.8-21.4

Active folate 361 REF RANGE 400-1500
    Oxidized Glutathione barley out of range HIGH
    Reduced glutathione barley out of range LOW

Per methylation pathway test

Thanks for you time!
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.