• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

S. Wessely - Death threats, abuse, smear campaigns - Standing up for Science: 29 March

Molly98

I wonder is it possible to complain to the advertising commission regarding it being false advertising, I know it's not a product but still is it allowed to advertise such untruths as factual? without evidence of such claims?
Can it make the claim it is standing up for science when at least 1 of those involved has deliberately been involved in obstructing science and misleading the public and medical community? Can it make the claim of death threats and abuse without the factual evidence of supporting such claims?

Dolphin

Somebody sent me this. I thought I would pass it on.
But I noticed that Simon W is speaking on death threats etc in a Science UK sponsored event. I just wondered if someone should remind SAS UK that they have endorsed SAS USA criticism of PACE; it might be relevant.I realise you might not be the right person to ask so maybe pass on. Or feel free to ask.

Countrygirl

I have just posted this elsewhere, but it is relevant here too I think. Thanks to Dr Byron Hyde.

Standing up for Science be damned! Lining the pockets of the insurance agencies more like!

upload_2017-3-20_20-0-16.png

Yogi

I think most people view the PR forum via the NEW POSTS button, so they will see all newly updated threads. No need to have duplicate threads in the different sub-forums.

I thought others may have missed it and posted it on main General news section.

Doh.!! Thanks for letting me about the new posts button. I have never seen that button and usually dipped into the individual sections and do not see some posts esp as I only look in the General news section.Cheers

I don't know why I never saw that button. Maybe it is just me !!

Yogi

Is anyone going to this event in London? It would be good to have a video recording of it.???

If he spews out the death threat nonsense after the Court under oath found no evidence this would be very serious.

It is good to have a record of everything said and done by the PACE team now as I do not think we are too far away from demolishing PACE and getting justice!!

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
Sometimes you don't have to actually go, just tweet that we will be monitoring the event to avoid lies spread after found for a court not to be truth, he will think twice before speaking lies,. If he still does it, or he is sooo arrogant he feels invincible or he is plain mad.