1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

S. Boulardii comes from lychee and mangosteen skin

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by xchocoholic, May 13, 2012.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces_boulardii

I had no idea we could get probiotics from plant skins, did you ? What an interesting idea. So, what would chewing on the skin of an orange do for us ? Do we get probiotics from the outside of all berries too ? Is this why raw foods are so good for us ? x

SickOfSickness likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I use this supp when on antibiotics and for a few weeks afterwards too. It was recommended by my cfs doc a few years ago.

cheers!!!

3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Hi heaps,

I just had to use this post h pylori treatment too. It worked great for stopping the D.

This article got me thinking about how we should eat more skins from fresh fruits and veggies for their good
    bacteria and yeast. I haven't googled this yet tho to see what safety precautions we need to take. Tc .. X

4. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    i know about mangosteen skin being adv as a health supplement for its high antioxidant effect but didnt know about the probiotic. but its not the same as just any other fruitskin i guess.

See more popular forum discussions.