• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ryan Prior meets Senator Bill Cassidy after #MM to discuss new bill for disease-proportionate $$$

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Forgotten Plague on FB said:
After the ‪#‎MillionsMissing‬ protest, Blue Ribbon Foundation members met with Pranay Udutha, a healthcare aide for U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy. We also got to meet the Senator himself.

Sen. Cassidy is a physician focused on NIH reform to allocate federal dollars for bio-medical research to diseases based on data-driven metrics about the disease's burden to individuals and society.

His arguments for funding are similar to what our advocates have been saying for decades.

Sen. Cassidy's proposals, if passed, would be a great boon to ME/CFS patients and we would all be wise to support his ideas!

https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumen...661299431396/1161398057224381/?type=3&theater

JaimeS

I agree, Snow Leopard. There should be a move towards hard data, but I think it should be *somewhat* flexible. For example, if there is an outbreak of illness X, more funding might be allocated its way temporarily, in a way that is completely independent of its prevalence or disease burden.

-J