Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rs6323 - MAO-A - What this gene does if its bust

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by snowathlete, Mar 27, 2012.

1. musicchick581

musicchick581 Senior Member

I think I tried GABA a few years ago before I knew about this stuff and it gave me more panic attacks. I could be wrong though...I'm going to take an AAE and OAT urine test so it should test that. Hopefully they are accurate.

2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

How about LDN for this case? Does anyone have experience with it?

3. pemone

pemone Senior Member

Apparently having the T allele for MAO-A RS6323 means you do not convert catecholamines like epinephrine / adrenalin to metanephrines efficiently. Men have only one half of the allele pair; women have both sides. Does anyone know of a study that quantifies this effect? Specifically what percentage of this conversion gets impaired for people with the T allele?

I'm trying to understand if this is a moderate 5% downregulation, or if it is a very serious 60% downregulation.

I would also like to know what other SNPs would downregulate this same conversion.

I have a problem with high adrenalin and my metanephrines stay always in normal range. So my biochemistry appears to exactly match what these genetics suggest might happen.

WoolPippi and Gondwanaland like this.

See more popular forum discussions.