• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Round 2 - Please Vote again For WPI. Time is short. Do it now!

Andrew

I am posting this in a new thread because people might have started ignoring the thread from months ago.

Round 2 of Chase Community Giving has begun!
Don't hesitate. There are only a few days to vote.

The Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) is 1 out of 100 charities that won a $25,000.00 grant during the first round of Chase Community Giving. Now, WPI is competing for a $500,000.00 grant, and you can help! Please cast your vote, ask your Facebook friends to vote, and spread the word about the important work of WPI. If you have a Facebook account, please cast your vote for WPI by following the instructions below beginning May 18th at 9 pm PST through May 25th at 9 pm PST.

STEP-BY-STEP Instructions:

1. From your Facebook page, go to Chase Community Giving:
http://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving.
2. "Like" Chase Community Giving by clicking on the "Like" button.
3. Now search for Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease.
4. Cast your vote for WPI by clicking the "Vote Now!" button.
5. Please remember our neuro-immune disease community and share in the Love and Giving by voting for other organizations who speak to your heart -- you can vote for up to 5 organizations per Facebook account.

Dolphin

I'd encourage people to also vote/consider voting for the CAA.

CFIDS Association of America's "BIG IDEA" for Chase Community Giving

http://on.fb.me/itklJE
i.e.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-c...at-midnight-edt-please-vote/10150260426630539
(150 word limit)

In spite of its silly-sounding name, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is as
disabling as cancer, multiple sclerosis and late HIV disease. As many as 17
million children and adults around the world have CFS, and we still don't
understand its causes. To end the suffering CFS inflicts, the CFIDS
Association of America is building a critical mass of rigorous research that
validates the biological basis for CFS and leads to better ways to diagnose
and treat it. We're putting research first to achieve the vision of a future
in which the life-altering disability, stigma and isolation of CFS no longer
exist. Your vote will help us award grants to support new research studies
exploring diagnostics and treatments; expand our SolveCFS BioBank with more
samples and clinical information on patients and healthy volunteers; and
build a data-sharing platform to help researchers aggregate and analyze
information using powerful bioinformatics tools. Based in Charlotte, NC, our
work has worldwide impact.

Tuha

wpi has 1000 votes, caa almost 400.
today I got a lot of votes just by asking my friends directly - I checked who was on-line on facebook, then I made a small chat and asked about voting. it was really efficace, noone refused and some friends also asked their collegues to vote. i think this is the best way how to get your friends to vote.

Dolphin

wpi has 1000 votes, caa almost 400.
today I got a lot of votes just by asking my friends directly - I checked who was on-line on facebook, then I made a small chat and asked about voting. it was really efficace, noone refused and some friends also asked their collegues to vote. i think this is the best way how to get your friends to vote.
:Sign Good Job: Well done, Tuha. :thumbsup:

urbantravels

disjecta membra
Everyone should be aware that voting with the Chase Community Giving app requires you to go out of secure browsing (you will start seeing http: instead of https: at the beginning of all your URLs when you are in Facebook.) In order to resume secure browsing after you vote, you need to log out of Facebook and log back in.

It's important to always use the secure setting when you're on Facebook; go to Account Settings ---> Account Security and make sure that secure browsing is turned on.

Nielk

Everyone should be aware that voting with the Chase Community Giving app requires you to go out of secure browsing (you will start seeing http: instead of https: at the beginning of all your URLs when you are in Facebook.) In order to resume secure browsing after you vote, you need to log out of Facebook and log back in.

It's important to always use the secure setting when you're on Facebook; go to Account Settings ---> Account Security and make sure that secure browsing is turned on.

Thanks for this info urbantravels.
I didn't know about this security issue.
I just changed my setting.
Thanks,
Nielk

dancer

I've spent quite a bit of time today sending messages to facebook friends asking them to vote . . . it's nice because I can check back and see which of my friends voted (at the Chase page) so I know who to follow up with. One friend couldn't get it to work. She made it to the Chase Community Giving page, but then got locked out of facebook completely. She said she'd try again when she got home tonight. I hate glitches with computery stuff. But I'm celebrating the handful of friends and family that I've convinced to vote so far. :) I'm also hoping that as they click "share" after they vote, some of their friend might also look into it and vote.

helen41

Well, I'm far back from my goal of 100, but I did get 43 people to vote for WPI and CFIDS assoc, by trading votes one for one.
Question. I am in discussions with somene who needs people to like her page for a prize. would people here be willing to do "likes" in return for votes for us? It often happens in situations where someone will vote, and get their relatives to vote, in return for an equal amount of votes from people on the other side. I would like to negotiate a few of these trades (usually in blocks of 5 or so). I would avoid any apps, and likes don't impact on security. would anyone be willing to help in this?

Everyone- please flood the WPI and CAA pages with comments about the desperate and URGENT need for this money! Remember- even if we don't make the top 5Chase still picks one extra charity it deems worthy for a 200,000 dollar prize!! We need to make our organizations STAND OUT and tug at the heart strings so that the Chase advisory board sees how critical and worthy this is. They won't award that money to a group whose members' comments dont appear enthusiastic on their own voting page. By doing this, we at least have a shot at the extra money!!!!!

Dolphin

Everyone- please flood the WPI and CAA pages with comments about the desperate and URGENT need for this money! Remember- even if we don't make the top 5Chase still picks one extra charity it deems worthy for a 200,000 dollar prize!! We need to make our organizations STAND OUT and tug at the heart strings so that the Chase advisory board sees how critical and worthy this is. They won't award that money to a group whose members' comments dont appear enthusiastic on their own voting page. By doing this, we at least have a shot at the extra money!!!!!
Feel free. I think it's more convincing that people want it desperately if groups get lots of votes - which I suppose is the whole basis of the competition - so I think more energy should be put there.

anniekim

that person says she has 8 people to vote for us if we can get 8 people from here to like her contest entry. http://apps.facebook.com/cuathreewishes/WishDetails/?id=269
anyone willing to assist, please just message me the like number after your vote and I will pass it on. with Anniekim, we just need 7 more

HI Helen, have clicked on the like button for that person and her three wishes. Sorry didn't understand what you meant about the number and so haven't written any number down, sorry if I messed up

beesknees

Here's an idea. Post on the Chase Community Giving page. There are hundreds of people posting asking for votes for their charity. If you add the wPI- try to add that they help neuroimmune diseases/ or list the diseases autism, fibromyalgia, lyme. Not only might this convince complete strangers to vote for us, but anyone that doesn't know about the WPI but has or knows someone with those diseases may vote for us.

anncavan

Thought I'd share my voting tactics. I've had quite a lot of success with friends voting by sending them personal messages via FB. I wrote an update and why WPI is important to me with the voting details.

I opened FB in 2 screens on my computer side by side. One screen showing my list of friends so I could seen their names alphabetically to type them into the messages (I think you're allowed 25 ppl per message), the other screen was the messages page where I'd copy and paste the same update. I cranked out over 600 personal messages in about 30 minutes and I've had at least 60 votes that I've seen. Not to mention countless personal notes from friends cheering me on.

I wasn't sure if it would work or they'd just consider it spam. Well, it's worked!

*GG*

I've spent quite a bit of time today sending messages to facebook friends asking them to vote . . . it's nice because I can check back and see which of my friends voted (at the Chase page) so I know who to follow up with.

How do you do this?

GG

ukme

One of my kids spent yesterday evening getting schoolfriends to vote and then friends of friends to vote and so on. We need to encourage the kids in our lives to harness their FBook power!!!