• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Root Canals

Wayne

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place to place this thread. As I was looking around, I almost wondered if it might be a good idea to start a section for just dental issues.

Anyway, I wrote the following in a private correspondence with a friend of mine. l thought I would copy it here in case anybody might have an interest in some things I've learned from my own root canal experience.

For anybody who does have a root canal, I would recommend considering whether it might be a factor in your own health.

Best to All, Wayne

As always, so good to hear from you. My heart really goes out to you as I read of your ordeals. When you mention, "I can't believe there can be a lower bottom than where I already am", it reminds me of a time when I had similar thoughts. Thankfully, I feel I'm far more stabilized at this time, albeit at a fairly low functional level.

Interestingly, one key thing that I feel helped me to my current level of stabilization was having a non-symptomatic root-canaled tooth extracted. I had been suspicious of it for years, and had even made an appt. with an oral surgeon to have it extracted. He said his latest high tech imaging machine could tell whether it was a problem or not, and so he took a picture and he ended up talking me out of having it extracted.

About 2-3 years later, I developed a big blister on my lip directly across from this root-canaled tooth. I started doing some energetic testing by simply putting my finger on the tooth, and quickly realized how doing so made me even more nauseous than I normally was.

When I finally got it extracted, my daily chronic headaches and chronic nausea both improved pretty dramatically (about 50% as I remember) within hours of having it removed. What a burden it had been for about 35 years of my life!

So I think you're on the right track with pinpointing your own root-canaled teeth as likely major problem areas. I read a book once entitled, "Diagnosis Unknown", written by a man who searched for years to solve the mystery of his wife's downward spiral into CFS. He eventually tracked it to some infections in her mouth, and when they were properly treated, she fully recovered in a couple days or so. Here's a link to the book which the author put on line for all to read:

http://aubreypub.typepad.com/writing...nown-ebook.pdf

So in her case, she recovered completely right away. In my case, within hours it felt like a huge load had been lifted from my body. Unfortunately, I likely still have Lyme infections, mold problems, and methylation/detoxification problems (and who knows what all else). But having that tooth extracted was a real key for me.

Another thing that may be relevant for you. Before I had this tooth extracted, I tried to have it redone with what was supposed to be a superior way of doing root canals (using a calcium oxide component called Biocalex; used in Europe for many years). There was only one dentist in Oregon that did it, and so I traveled about 200 miles one morning to get there and have it done.

By the time I got there, my normal headache pain had become pretty excruciating. But very interestingly, when the dentist started drilling, after just a few moments he asked, "do you smell that?". I nodded, and he said, "that's the infection you're smelling!" But what was even more interesting, was that within the next couple of minutes, my headache disappeared. And I felt totally relaxed while having my tooth drilled on!

I'm sharing this because I think it's possible that you could go into this type of oral surgery and feel much better relatively quickly afterward. Perhaps another thing for you to consider, is to have the teeth and infection drilled out and then capped or something. Then perhaps you could come back at a later time and have them surgically removed. That way, you wouldn't be having to face the stresses of surgery at this time when you feel so vulnerable. I honestly don't know however whether this is a realistic possibility.

Because of no dental insurance and no independent funds to support my awful teeth habit, I've had to go to the clinic at the U of PA dental school. Although the logistics of the bureaucracy there are horrible I have finally gotten started with a full mouth x-ray (not one x-ray of the full mouth but 18 indiv xrays, which I'd never had done. The reason for this radiographic approach to help with building a treatment plan is that it allows them to see more of each tooth.

Yesterday my appt was with one of their truly excellent dentists. The purpose was to examine the x-rays and then my teeth to decide on a course of treatment.
I knew the condition of my teeth was pretty bad, having come to the clinic with 3 known abscesses, two of which required extraction (and by the way though I am quite ill both extractions did not take much of a toll at all, which given our inflammation problems really surprised me).

Because of insurance insanity given what has to be done the fine dentist I saw yesterday can't continue to be my dentist. (I don't understand but that is fixed reality and I am trying to limit my efforts to understand when I sense I can do nothing. Besides he referred me to another dentist in the same department who I've heard is excellent. He, however, will first have to repeat the evaluation process and may decide that some teeth don't need to be extracted right away and could last for several more years if root canalled.

However, yesterday's dentist said he tends to be radical in his approach (I think it is conservative but language wasn't the issue). He explained that he felt that if there was a troubled tooth that even might have infection there is no point in saving it because several years down the line it will have to go.

I know that with this illness many of the dentists who are into this and other similar illnesses (Huggins comes to mind) feel that root canals and crowns can never be sterile; there is always seepage or to put it another way the seal is never complete enough so that even if all the infection is removed new infection will easily get into the tooth. And in fact that that is especially bad for us. I don't know if there is a special issue with teeth but I know that concurrent infection in ME where the immune system is acting to create many of our most disabling symptoms just makes things worse. For it gives more reason to the immune system to do yet more of what it is doing and probably repeating it semi if at all unsuccessfully.

My desire is to get the questionable teeth out because of the above. My hesitation and worry is that in the process I might be toothless (I didn't get that straight yesterday) OR have to go through awfully intense (lots of physical stress from the dentistry and having to get work done too close together, and I am sorely undermined when I can't pace myself, which is hard to do when you have to cooperate with a clinic that is already understaffed. If I am too ill on the day of my appt. and have to cancel I might not be able to be seen for too long a time for the health of the whole thing. Or, they might need me to come in too frequently as an emergency visit (you are allow two per year only) so they could see me with more frequency.

There are issues of insurance. They said Medicaid won't pay for the type of work I'll need and I'll have to be covered (I meet the requirements) of another plan to cover the cost of all that misery (though I am thrilled it exists.)

BUT in addition this very respected clinic that trains future dentists and does very good work is so overloaded that sometimes you can only get an appt that you need in two weeks after the prior one for three months.

Which means that that period allows the infection or decay to get worse. And that is harder on my ME state of unhealth.

And I can't believe this even though I have every reason to given what we all know about the state of health care funds for those who don't have insurance and can't afford to.

I have to apply for food stamps and am way behind on so much (I get terribly tired and achey after I get home from most outings no matter how careful I am) I can't write this to my senators, congressmen, Waxman, the finance committee, and all the ME docs who I think are not doing enough politically to pay for our care and research.

The core of this reply or the reason was to agree that extractions are probably wiser than root canals if your illness picture is infection/immunological./ But getting that care in a way that you need it is very difficult. I live in a major city in the Northeast of the U.S. I spend most of my time pleaing, fighting, trying not to have my frustration and anger make me sicker. This is not what I and many of you should have to do. It increasing morbidity and mortality that is unnecessay on top of what the illness itself brings.

That the senate and house and so many other branches of gov are so retarded to not fix this is of course horrid. And this is when we have both houses of congress Democrats and an Obama type in the White House and the love and respect for someone who took stands like Kennedy.

I wanted to scream as I left the dental clinic. But I want to scream when I leave so many houses of health repair and houses of welfare.

And the supermarket (where I'm too sick to go but have an aide shop for me which is costlier because she tries but doesn't figure little tricks to get safe things but more cheaply.)

I am on the cusp of dropping my secondary insurance to Medicare. There are risks and I have always felt so much safe with it. But I can't pay it and also pay for my phone and other essentials. And Medicaid in this state is rarely used by doctors as a secondary because it is such a mess and pays so little.

Think seriously about getting extractions. And any has permission to paper the halls of congress with this.

I have tired myself out writing this. I'll thus not edit. Forgive me. I always should edit.

Judith

jenbooks

I would like a special dental section too--Wayne could you ask Cort if he minds setting that up?

I had a routine filling put in last week that has made me unbelivably ill. Almost immediately I was totally nauseous then I've been suffering with swollen glands, sweats, low grade fevers, stabbing pains in my body and a general feeling of being poisoned. The first couple days I had hours of serious brain fog and that's not a common symptom for me. I also tasted the filling for the first 24 hours it was disgusting. It was a small composite fililng with 3M material. I speculate that:

1) My MCS now extends to composites? They have Bisphenol A a synthetic estrogen and methylacrylate--now that can't be good. Plus unless I get the MSDS they may have toluene, formaldehyde and god knows what else.
2) He didn't cure the filling properly. You have to place thin layers and cure each one. If your layer is too thick you end up with it cured on the surface and mushy below. That would leach much more.
3) He missed some decay

Or all of the above. Or just one of the above. Today I am going to a holistic dentist to remove this new filling and put in zinc phosphate cement. Because temporary fillings have either eugenol (I never tolerated) or the same resins that composites do. Then I guess I will try a porcelain filling--something that is made and cured outside your body and cemented in.

I also have a back wisdom tooth that has been sore and somewhat infected imo for about 1-2 years and leads to a sometimes hurting gland on that side. I need to get it extracted.

After this filling made me sick I began to research. The sad truth is ALL dental materials are toxic. Sorry but that's the truth. Mercury was bad but composites are just as bad. Don't tell me having estrogens leak into your body the way mercury did every day...and having acrylic or other synthetic plastics is good for us. Experiments in animals show profound effects just from drinking WATER from plastic tubing...

Glues, metals, etc. Its all pretty bad. I guess I need to consider a partial denture but that too ismade from nylon and acrylic. But at least its not inside your tooth where its getting into your bloodstream through all the dentinal tubules.

As for dental insurance--what is that? Who really gets that anyway? I have to pay to join a society and then pay for HMO dental insurance and the dentists on that HMO insurance are ALWAYS young and thus not that experienced. I've had some bad dental care from them that created new problems. OTOH I don't know who to trust where dentists are concerned. So it cost $200 for this little white filling and will probably cost me $200 to remove and then cost me $500-600 for a porcelain filling etc. I mean I could go bankrupt. Pulling a tooth in NYC can cost $500-600. PPO good dental insurance is not available to a freelancer like me. We can only get HMO dental insurance and then it only covers 50% of dental costs anyway.

dannybex

great topic wayne...

We must all be psychic friends...been thinking/worrying about this for weeks.

I had my amalgams out way back in 1988 as I was having some ms-like twitching and tingling in my feet. Felt better actually for about 8 years, but then slowly slipped into the CFS abyss.

A couple of my composite/ceramic(?) fillings just broke off about 9 years ago...haven't been able to afford to have them fixed since. I did go to the local university dental school back in 2003, but it took almost 3 hours to have one tooth drilled, and the poor kid still wasn't finished, so they had to pack it with some sort of cement so it could be finished another day. !!!

I know I have about a dozen teeth with problems, including 3 that I was told need crowns, but can't afford any of it. As Jill says, insurance for this stuff is a joke, and so what do we do?

As for composites or porcelain fillings...there's supposedly supposed to be some sort of 'biocompatibility' test, but is that legit? I have no idea...

Just very frustrating.

Thanks for starting this thread Wayne.

d.

dmholmes

I've been researching root canal replacement. The last bio dentist I saw recommended replacement with zirconia implant. It's easy to find information on both sides of the root canal debate. This is the best information I've seen from a dentist that seems to have a balanced opinion of the issue.

jenbooks

Well I just spent $600 at the holistic dentist. $185 for a cleaning, $200 and change for a Clifford kit, and whatever it took to take out the filling (with a dental dam so I wouldn't be exposed to the material) and put zinc phosphate in my tooth. As he was drilling it out I had some mild tachycardia as if my system recognized what was happening. The disgusting thing is that he told me that the decay was not drilled out of my tooth last week by the other dentist. I am now convinced that sure, I'm very MCS and maybe i'd have reacted anyway but 1) he left decay under the filling *what a jerk!!!* and he's a DMD!!! 2) he didn't cure the filling properly so that it was still mush in places and leaking into my system in large amounts and 3) I'm MCS so no wonder I was having problems.

I hope my system calms down now. Having it in for 8 days like that did a number on me.

I had a good discussion with the dentist, who is someone I last saw in 1998 (I went with HMO dentists for many years which has proved a disaster but who can afford these fricken prices???). He likes a composite cured outside the body. By my reckoning, and I've researched and written about this stuff, this is a very good idea. A plastic is far likelier to leach when mush and if a dentist isn't very careful about thin layers and curing properly you could have a composite that had layers that were still softish and leaching way too much into your system.

I am due for tons of work. I can see where my next fricken book advance is going--my teeth. I seriously need root scaling and I need to pull my wisdom teeth and then I need a partial denture for lost molars in back so everything doesn't move around.

I just hope I feel better slowly over the next few weeks. I'm going to get some IV drip this Saturday i hope. I have to say that I'm still having weird pains all over and I'm just not sure how I"m diong but I feel SOMEthing is better--like some weird pressure feeling in my whole body. But who knows. When you have lyme and MCS you can be thrown off for quite a while.

I hate dentists. I have had such bad experiences with them.

jenbooks

Re: implants I genetically have big sinuses that dip down so to get any implant up top I'd have to have a bone graft and "sinus lift." NO THANKS.
I've heard some horror stories about implants. For people with CFIDS/ME/lyme/MCS in any measure I would recommend a partial denture. It isn't worth the possible risk. And new materials (zirconia?) are always deemed 'safer' until decades later they discover the opposite.

JanisB

I've been researching root canal replacement. The last bio dentist I saw recommended replacement with zirconia implant. It's easy to find information on both sides of the root canal debate. This is the best information I've seen from a dentist that seems to have a balanced opinion of the issue.

Thank you for posting that link! :) I woke up this morning thinking I might need a root canal, instead of losing my 4rd front tooth from a broken bridge. The coolest thing is that I am going to Maryland this weekend, near where that DDS is located. Hopefully I'll be able to get a second opinion about my tooth problem.

Janis

dmholmes

Thank you for posting that link! :) I woke up this morning thinking I might need a root canal, instead of losing my 4rd front tooth from a broken bridge. The coolest thing is that I am going to Maryland this weekend, near where that DDS is located. Hopefully I'll be able to get a second opinion about my tooth problem.

Janis

Excellent! I wish I could find somebody like him in Houston.

Frickly

bad teeth/inflammation

This is an interesting thread as I have terrible teeth and have had more than one root canal. I have noticed that when my CFS symptoms are really bad that my teeth begin to literally fall apart. I have many chips on my teeth from the last few months when I was very ill. It is interesting that once I started treatment for CFS and began to start feeling better that my teeth stopped hurting, became stronger and stopped chipping. In addition to infection, I think inflammation in this area could cause huge problems. Just my thoughts. I will be going to the dentist next week and luckly have insurance. In order to avoid the blank stair and following humiliation, I will not be mentioning my inflammation or CFS. Sigh.....

DmHolmes...I'm from Houston as well. Let me know if you find someone..although I am sure they would not take my insurance.

dmholmes

DmHolmes...I'm from Houston as well. Let me know if you find someone..although I am sure they would not take my insurance.

I've been to biological dentist here (Marilyn Jones), just haven't found one as even-minded as the article I posted. William Glaros is spoken well of, and he is in Spring.

Thanks,
David

kolowesi

Thanks for the info everyone.

I have a root canal from last December. I just gave in to the dentist, I had so many problems and was worried about money. I have cracked 7 molars in the last few years.

I read that Lyme can get into the canals in your teeth, and I wonder if that's why mine went bad.

Now I have crowns (gold) and the zircon composite. But I've read that any metal can interfere with the body's electrical grid.

I think I will go to Dr. Nunnally for a consult. At least find out what he recommends. Start a little savings account:p

My local doc said she was over there and he was working on Hal Huggins! So that's a good recommendation.

Too far from Houston, unless you want to come visit. It's only 2 hours for me.

I wish we all had dental insurance!!

Kelly

Wayne

I read that Lyme can get into the canals in your teeth, and I wonder if that's why mine went bad.

Hi Kelly,

You might be interested in this "eye-popping" article entitled, "Ground Zero for Lyme is the Mouth". This article is not necessarily solely about Lyme, as the mouth is also apparently ground zero for any number of other chronic bacterial infections. It then goes on to describe the relationship between these bacteria and root canals.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7396/is_312/ai_n32149711/?tag=content;col1

I've had all kinds of pain syndromes in my mouth, gums and teeth for years. I'm guessing it's most likely my Lyme or other bacterial infections. I once mentioned these pain syndromes to my dentist's wife, (she did some minor work on me at one time). She thought about it for a moment, and finally said, "Do you think it's psychological?" It was so funny, I didn't even have time to feel offended. In fact, it took all I could to not laugh out loud. I'm glad I didn't as she was really being sincere in her inquiry. It's an amazing medical world we're all trying to traverse! :)

Kindly, Wayne

P.S. Here's a small snippet from the above article:

"We need to knock down the Lyme hiding in the miles of tubules and in the bony socket," Landerman says. "I have my patients do this procedure at least once a year. And you do not have to have a Herxheimer reaction to get better. In homeopathy, if you hit the nail on the head, you won't have a Herx."

Focal Infection - Starts in the Mouth and Migrates

Where Lyme and other chronic diseases are concerned, the big enemy is root canals. American dentistry has been slow to recognize the negative impact of this procedure. ...

I haven't read the Goldman material yet except for tidbits. And they sound very sane and not utterly certain there is only one way for all teeth (root canal and extraction are appropriate at different times, and I hope in cases where root canal works he speaks to how the dentist can determine that and also materials.

A few comments. It is unfortunate that Goldman's material has a the graphic look of a snake oil ad. That means that if you want to show it to a straight (non "holistic" dentist) it might not work to your advantage. They really rely on dental journal articles.

The other is that although I too feel very uncomfortable saying things like We're inflammation prone if we can find a good article on that it might help make saying that more acceptable/accepted. The whole business about reactivity to materials is another one. This is where finding a good bibliography of the so many good articles by our researchers would help, allowing us to quickly access an article or two that would help inform them of what they really must know without when we communicate we are thought of as a hyper nut. Wasting their time and diminishing their respect for us.

I try to print out articles and file them in categories like "inflammation" but so many of us are so overloaded with the tasks of daily living and filling out and dealing with the welfare sector so we can pay our rent or put food on our tables I/we can't. My current welfare person excoriated me when I told her I couldn't talk when she called because I had to go to the eye doctor and afterwards I'd be very tired and not cognitively up to par. She was so insulting I finally had to hang up on her and now am praying I can find a social worker who will help me deal with her or get me another welfare person.

But we do need a small number of articles to give to our dentists that are relevant to our health and dentistry, if dentistry isn';t going to undermine us. And I don't think avoiding telling them, is wise. But it really is much better if we are backed up by articles from medical journals.

Judith (If any of us finds an article that would be helpful to dental issues even if not about dentistry or by dentists please post them. I too am finding this discussion on teeth problems very very helpful. )

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
This is such a difficult subject; (a) its so frigging expensive to have anything done and (b) its so complicated (c) getting a tooth extracted is such a permanent thing!

I had a root canal put in several years ago by a dentist that does us more natural materials. As he was drilling the root out I immediately felt better - right in the middle of the procedure - that infection was impacting my health. He was surprised at my reaction. I hope that canal is holding OK; I have no idea.

When my dentist removed a crown covering a mercury filling I also felt better immediately. It was a much stronger reaction; my body felt much more relaxed and I had surprising episodes of well being over the next couple of weeks. Then it went away. That crown was put on, I believe, shortly before I became ill.

It seems like my body just reacts to everything more now; from small infections in the teeth, to chemicals, to foods - to so many things. There's just this general over - reaction - I wonder where the source of THAT is; is it an infection? Some brain injury? ????

jenbooks

Well Cort as you know I've become highly intolerant of dental materials apparently. I'm going to do a Clifford compatibility test and see how it goes. But if I can't tolerate, I will extract some teeth. After everything I read in the last few weeks, I'm not to keen on any of the materials. Toxic glues, cements, metals, fluoride, plastics leaching petroleum based hormone like chemicals, amalgams with poisonous mercury. This stuff is bad and it goes into your system. And a root canaled tooth still has anaerobic infection that your body has to clean up all the time...so getting sick after a crown makes sense to me. Maybe it was a sick tooth and needed to come out. Maybe it's like a splinter in your thumb--you know how it gets red, inflamed, hurts and can get infected? You pull it out, you let it bleed to cleanse, you clean it out and it gets better. Well I'm not sure a sick tooth is such a good thing to keep. On the other hand, extracting provides other dilemmas--a partial denture? Let your other teeth move around? Bone loss? Dilemmas abound.

Unfortunately though they have used stem cells to grow new teeth in mice the possibility of growing new teeth in humans is a bit far off.

I was told I neet a root scaling and wasn't looking foward to the cost of 4 quadrants ($1600 or more). I researched online and found a product called periogen and I'm going to try it. It's supposed to dissolve the tartar over time--the science makes sense. Then I might ozonate the gumline after.

Wayne

I was told I neet a root scaling and wasn't looking foward to the cost of 4 quadrants ($1600 or more). I researched online and found a product called periogen and I'm going to try it. It's supposed to dissolve the tartar over time--the science makes sense. Then I might ozonate the gumline after.

Hi Jen,

Thought I'd mention that I saw a Youtube video at one time where a guy was claiming to have avoided a root canal by swishing and brushing with a diluted MMS solution several times a day. I've heard other accounts of very serious gum disease (infections) responding very quickly to the same therapy.

One of the things that they caution on when using MMS internally is that it dissolves plaque in the body (and I would imagine plaque in the teeth as well). This sounds good, but it can actually be problematic for people with heart disease, where weakened arteries are "patched up" by the body with plaque. A quick dissolving of this plaque can obviously create complications.

I've used a diluted MMS solution in my mouth on several occasions, and have always noticed a decrease in the pain syndromes in my mouth. I hesitate to use it very much as it is classified as an "oxidizer" and works in some ways similarly to hydrogen peroxide. I always notice my teeth are much cleaner after I do this.

But dentists will tell you that clients that use some of the hydrogen peroxide cleaners on a regular basis experience thinning tooth enamel. My best take on all of this is that if a person is going to do something on this order; use dilute solutions and don't overdo it (whatever that means???). :)

See ya, Wayne

Wayne

This is such a difficult subject; (a) its so frigging expensive to have anything done and (b) its so complicated (c) getting a tooth extracted is such a permanent thing!

I had a root canal put in several years ago by a dentist that does us more natural materials. As he was drilling the root out I immediately felt better - right in the middle of the procedure - that infection was impacting my health. He was surprised at my reaction. I hope that canal is holding OK; I have no idea.

When my dentist removed a crown covering a mercury filling I also felt better immediately. It was a much stronger reaction; my body felt much more relaxed and I had surprising episodes of well being over the next couple of weeks. Then it went away. That crown was put on, I believe, shortly before I became ill.

It seems like my body just reacts to everything more now; from small infections in the teeth, to chemicals, to foods - to so many things. There's just this general over - reaction - I wonder where the source of THAT is; is it an infection? Some brain injury? ????

Hi Cort,

So many interesting points you bring up. I've had the same experience of feeling better immediately (while in the dental chair) while the dentist was drilling out an old root canal. On one hand, having or reading about his kind of experience can be quite sobering, and on the other hand it can also be hopeful. Hopeful in that if oral infections can be located and properly treated, it can have some pretty immediate impacts on our overall health.

Regarding better root canals, my understanding is that the best available are those that use calcium oxide materials. Two products I've heard about are Biocalex and Endocal. They may be the same product that was renamed. Calcium oxide apparently expands up into the miles of tubules, and thus prevents any anaerobic infections from occurring. This is the theory anyway. It has been used in Europe for many years. My understanding is that you need an experienced dentist to do this, as overfilling and subsequent expansion can end up weakening and making the tooth brittle. Thus, more complications.

I did some extensive dental work about 3-4 years ago, and invested over $10,000 at the time. During the whole time, I often wondered if it was worth it to do all of this research and misery and expense. Quite honestly, if I were back at the beginning and knowing what I know now, I would probably have chosen to extract all of my teeth by a top-notch oral surgeon.

I read an account once of a woman who hailed from the mountain areas of North Carolina. As I remember, she had gone on to become a doctor. The story she told was about an old custom in the hills of NC, going back into the last couple of centuries. When somebody became terminally ill, and there was nothing left to try to cure them, they would often choose to have all their teeth extracted. Interestingly, in about half the cases, the people would completely recover from their terminal illness. Just one more example of how oral infections can wreak devastating consequences on our health and even jeopardize our lives.

I've had all of my amalgams removed (around 10-12 or so), and felt better after having completed this two-year process. Interestingly, I had decay under almost every one of these amalgams! So not only were the amalgams affecting some major meridians, but the decay was as well. After completing this, I had several metal crowns removed. The difference after having these removed was even more pronounced than having the amalgams removed. My partner commented several times in the ensuing months how much better my brain was working.

Some of my latest thinking on all of this is to try to find a good health care practitioner who can do some kind of electrodermal screening, or perhaps some Biomeridian (?) testing that Joey has been posting about. But since I'm not in any crisis mode, I'm kind of putting it on my back burner. I'm more focused on the neural therapy, etc. that Mike has been posting about. Perhaps if our neuro-immune systems can be "reset", some of these other "downstream" health conditions like oral infections will clear up on their own. Who knows?

Best to All, Wayne