Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ron Davis at San Francisco rally: very close to a biomarker, looks like a mitochondrial problem

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, May 25, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I thought this deserved its own thread!

Thanks to @Marky90 for his initial transcript of what Dr Ron Davis said in this footage from the San Francisco #Millions Missing protest earlier today (the audio is a bit hard to make out at times).

Edit: Big thanks to @Rose49 (Janet Dafoe) and Ron Davis for checking the transcript and providing a cleaned up version!

I've reformatted a little for readability (without changing the text).

Here's the donation page for the Open Medicine Foundation - let's give Ron Davis loads of money! Bring out your :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:!

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  2. NL93

NL93 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    We should really all donate as much as we can. It's the fastest way to move it forward.
    I just donated some money and will keep doing so.
    Because it's not like i can spend money on doing something fun anyways when i am in bed, lol.

ErdemX, Nina, Yogi and 20 others like this.
  3. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

alex3619, rosie26, catly and 4 others like this.
  4. Webdog

Webdog Up to 91% remain undiagnosed

California
    I didn't last long before I had to go home and crash on the couch. But I managed to get a couple pictures of Dr. Davis.

Attached Files:

waiting, bertiedog, leela and 29 others like this.
  5. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

Nice pictures @Webdog, so glad you were able to go!

Do you know if the woman holding the microphone and red folder is a journalist?

Bob likes this.
  6. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

How can Ron Davis identify a biomarker w/a few private donations & a couple of pals @ Stanford in, oh say, 6montgs, a year & the NIH couldn't do squat in 30 years?

Some ppl @ the NIH need to go ...

7. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Ditto and ditto.

My best investment this week. I may getting it back in health a 1,000 fold.

green_monster, justy, Mary and 7 others like this.
  8. Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Janet Dafoe (Rose49) Board Member

Thank you so much! I'm Janet Dafoe. I'd like to fix this transcript so it's accurate. How can I do that? If you send me a copy and I fix and send back can you repost? I have to take care of Whitney and don't have time to retype it. There are a couple of things it would really be better to correct....

Emma, green_monster, Grigor and 41 others like this.
  9. Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Haha! I think that's me wearing my red shirt, holding a photo of Whitney, and trying to live stream with my phone!

Emma, green_monster, waiting and 17 others like this.
  10. NL93

NL93 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    I know right. Also shocking that Melvin Ramsay, 38 years ago (!), said the mitochondria were important in ME. There was clear evidence for that, even back then. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2425324/)

NIH has done nothing. So much years lost. It makes me all very mad at times. :mad:

11. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    The people who posted this are asleep right now. I'll send you a copy by PM. Look for it in your inbox. You can send it back to me and I can replace it in the original post.

leela, perrier, Advocate and 17 others like this.
  12. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

I haven't been able to tone my muscles up since I got sick with ME - they just won't tone up and I used be able to tone my muscles up in 3 weeks before I fell sick. There has to be something showing up in this area and I'm really pleased to hear that something is.

L'engle, bertiedog, actup and 7 others like this.
  13. Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

How do I edit it in my inbox? (Sorry I'm not totally savvy here!)

14. Sushi

Albuquerque
    You'll see a red 1 at the top right of your screen where it says inbox. Click on it and you'll see a "Conversation" with me. Open it, then hit reply at the bottom and you will have editable text. Send it back to me and I'll substitute it with a note that you have corrected it.

15. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Could someone please post the corrected transcript as a new reply so we get notified (instead of simply edit the one post)

Bob likes this.
  16. Sushi

Albuquerque
    How about if I just post a note in this thread to say that the corrected version is in the first post? That would pop it to the top of New Posts and also generate an alert for those "watching" the thread.

PennyIA, Ritto, Bob and 6 others like this.
  17. Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

That would be good because the other one needs to be gone! I'll be done with Whitney in a little while and then I'll do it. Ron already made a pass at it.

Emma, green_monster, Comet and 11 others like this.
  18. bel canto

bel canto Senior Member

Thank you so much for keeping up with us on this forum, Janet. We are so grateful to Ron for his efforts, and hope that Whitney will regain his health soon. Another donation has been made by us tonight.

19. KauaiWahine

KauaiWahine

Hawaii
    Yes, especially upsetting to me as they've had that evidence for as long as I've been alive & if they had done something, anything with it i (and many others) may never have fallen ill!! (And I certainly wouldn't have degenerated to the point I am now if anyone had told me not to push myself as I could do serious damage i wouldn't recover from!)

20. Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Thank you so much!

Emma, green_monster, Comet and 8 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.