1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Romberg test... what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by thefreeprisoner, Feb 11, 2010.

1. While in hospital and wondering how to tackle the neurologist who was coming to see me, I learned about the Romberg Test. I was chuffed that I have a test that I can perform myself that perfectly and easily demonstrates that my symptoms are physical.

I have been trying it on and off because I've been second-guessing myself about whether my symptoms are actually real (it's that old adage, repeat something enough and eventually a person will believe you). Every time I do it I wobble over despite my best efforts.

However, first thing this morning I was able to balance with 2 feet together perfectly for ages. I was surprised.
    I did it again this evening and wobbled right over immediately.

So here's my question (yes, finally, I got to it!):
    Why do I pass my Romberg Test in the morning and not a few hours later in the day?

Rachel xx

See more popular forum discussions.