Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Robogut: Who gives a crap?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by MishMash, Jan 18, 2013.

1. MishMash

MishMash

Georgia
    Scientists in Canada have finally done it. The icky-poo factor has inspired the finest of chemistry minds to brew up a batch of synthetic doody. The real thing was evidently too hard to come by. I mean, where are you going to find the stuff?

Maybe we have reached a turning point with such science. I asked Dr. Klimas about Fecal Transplant Therapy and she responded "I don't give a s**t !!" I thought she was just irate. Turns out she was just answering my question.

Maybe some new, brave CFS guru doc will incorporate "Enteric Floral Restoration" (now doesn't that sound better) into their practice.

The May Clinic, the most conservative medical institution in the country, has experimented with it very successfully.

'Robogut' Makes Synthetic Poop To Treat Stubborn Infections

by Michaeleen Douclef

beaverfury, merylg and xchocoholic like this.
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Hi Mishmash,

I heard a long time ago that s boulardi could treat c diff. In googling this I found several articles. Here's just one.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=15293

I just wonder if this whole bacteria repoopulation isn't just another way for someone to make a buck. A box of S boulardi by Jarrow is less than $ 10.

I don't know if I had c diff after my h pylori antibacterial treatment but I had non stop runs that disappeared within a few days of taking s boulardi.

tc .. x

3. beaverfury

beaverfury beaverfury

West Australia
    This is good news for other treatment regimes in me/cfs which may wipe out the gut biome. Not just antibiotics.

For instance, Dr Myhill recommends a cleanout of the gut to tackle Enterovirus with Oxymatrine-

'take high dose vitamin C which effectively kills everything in the gut – indeed in high doses this will cause diarrhoea and strip out virus yeasts and bacteria generally in the gut. An acid stomach will be protected against enteroviral infection because acid will kill virus.' http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Oxymatrine_in_the_treatment_of_post_viral_fatigue

But what are you going to do after? Re-poopulate, i guess.
    Hope it becomes available soon

merylg likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.