1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by caledonia, Mar 27, 2014.

1. sadie123

sadie123

@kimomile
    I also have the COMT and MAO and VDR taq +/+. Can you tell me what your ND has you doing to treat these in order to tolerate the methyls.
    Thanks
  2. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    Just to clarify -- it's not B-complex vitamins by themselves that could lead to potassium deficiency, but an interaction with mfolate, correct? I was taking B complex vitamins for years, of various types, mostly B-Right, with 2 - 5000 b-12 per day before mfolate and never had such extreme potassium needs until I started taking methylfolate. It was the B-complex that greatly improved my anxiety after I started taking B-12, which is why I took it. And at that time, I was only taking about 1000 mg of B-12 but still had intense symptoms because I had a strong deficiency.
  3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Yes, active sublingual or injection B12 + methylfolate creates methylation, which creates cell rebuilding (healing), which increases the need for potassium.
  4. kimomile

kimomile

@sadie123
    I have to be honest, I am struggling tremendously. She put me on P5P, Magnesium, Molybdenum and R5P. I never got to the R5P because the Moly gave me so much trouble. She was then going to put me on Niacin and something else that I can't remember. She told me the other day that my SNP's were bad! Yay! That was reassuring. She is just learning and I had so much hope, but I don't think she gets it. Don't know what to do.

I am trying to heal from Lyme and Chlamydia Pneumonia and just can't handle the detox of toxins.
  5. sadie123

sadie123

@kimomile
    Sorry to hear that you are doing that well. I would try to find someone who knows this stuff. I am in the process of looking for someone who understands this and knows how to treat it. Hope things get better for you.

See more popular forum discussions.