1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by caledonia, Mar 27, 2014.

1. sadie123

sadie123

@kimomile
    I also have the COMT and MAO and VDR taq +/+. Can you tell me what your ND has you doing to treat these in order to tolerate the methyls.
    Thanks
  2. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    Just to clarify -- it's not B-complex vitamins by themselves that could lead to potassium deficiency, but an interaction with mfolate, correct? I was taking B complex vitamins for years, of various types, mostly B-Right, with 2 - 5000 b-12 per day before mfolate and never had such extreme potassium needs until I started taking methylfolate. It was the B-complex that greatly improved my anxiety after I started taking B-12, which is why I took it. And at that time, I was only taking about 1000 mg of B-12 but still had intense symptoms because I had a strong deficiency.
  3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Yes, active sublingual or injection B12 + methylfolate creates methylation, which creates cell rebuilding (healing), which increases the need for potassium.
  4. kimomile

kimomile

@sadie123
    I have to be honest, I am struggling tremendously. She put me on P5P, Magnesium, Molybdenum and R5P. I never got to the R5P because the Moly gave me so much trouble. She was then going to put me on Niacin and something else that I can't remember. She told me the other day that my SNP's were bad! Yay! That was reassuring. She is just learning and I had so much hope, but I don't think she gets it. Don't know what to do.

I am trying to heal from Lyme and Chlamydia Pneumonia and just can't handle the detox of toxins.
  5. sadie123

sadie123

@kimomile
    Sorry to hear that you are doing that well. I would try to find someone who knows this stuff. I am in the process of looking for someone who understands this and knows how to treat it. Hope things get better for you.

See more popular forum discussions.