Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

RME Conferences in Stockholm and Malmö, October 2017.

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Jo Best, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ivorin

ivorin Senior Member

So the Ritux results may be out in the next few weeks? Is this just for the trial patients themselves? Sorry to be bothersome, but it's a huge thing for us.

Jo Best and Gemini like this.
  2. Demepivo

Demepivo Dolores Abernathy

Part 1 of the streaming

MEMum, anni66, Jo Best and 2 others like this.
  3. Demepivo

Demepivo Dolores Abernathy

4. Jo Best

Jo Best Senior Member

Yes the Phase 3 RituxME results will be known by the researchers this month when the codes are broken (as it was double-blind trial) and participants will be informed which group they were in, but then the analysis of the data needs to be done and the researchers have said that they won't make the results public until published in 2018.

MEMum, Scarecrow, Comet and 3 others like this.
  5. Cam Newton

Cam Newton

What about the CycloME trial? From what I’ve heard the Norwegians say during lectures, cyclo may have even better results than Rtx.

Also, can someone ask Jo Cambridge about her thoughts on Mark Davis’ findings on t-cells?

pibee, ukxmrv, Jo Best and 1 other person like this.
  6. Murph

Murph :)

Here's a few of the interestng slides Jonas Blomberg put up. I couldn't nderstand what he said but the sldies were in Englsh!

Attached Files:

pibee, MEMum, pattismith and 5 others like this.
  7. Murph

and 2 more

Attached Files:

MEMum, pattismith, Learner1 and 4 others like this.
  8. Murph

Hanson used that term when talking about this patient, who was unable to raise their vo2 max on day 2 of the cpet and had a big differnece in their anaerobic threshold (not shown)

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 6.39.18 PM.png

This patient is said to have an anaerobic problem

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 6.41.17 PM.png

and finally one with autonomic dysfunction: a big fall in vo2, but because blood pressure never rose. Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 6.42.23 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    MEMum, Demepivo, ukxmrv and 3 others like this.
  9. Jo Best

Jo Best Senior Member

I believe they plan to publish results of CycloME Part A in the same time frame as RituxME.

MEMum, Cam Newton and ukxmrv like this.
  10. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Here's a link that IiME put on their Facebook page to an interesting talk

https://quadram.ac.uk/events/professor-martha-clokie/

Good short description of her work on B'phages and disease

Bacteriophages are extremely abundant in most environments including the human microbiome where they outnumber their hosts in a ratio of about 10:1.

They shape and manipulate the ecology of the environment in which they are found. both by encoding specific genes that express proteins which change the physiology of their host bacteria, and by shaping population dynamics by selectively killing specific populations of bacteria. Classical 16S barcoding of bacteria associated with disease clearly doesn’t detect bacteriophages and yet phages may have important roles in exacerbating disease symptoms and persistence.

To address this lack of knowledge, my lab has developed methods to characterize bacteriophages associated with human diseases. In this talk I will review the roles of bacteriophages associated with gut and respiratory diseases with a focus on the research in my laboratory on Clostridium difficile and on COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).

Further information: https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/iii/people/dr-martha-clokie

Murph, Learner1 and Jo Best like this.
  11. Jo Best

Jo Best Senior Member

Simon Carding leads the gut microbiota in ME/CFS research at Quadram Institute, hub of the Invest in ME Research Centre of Excellence for ME. https://quadram.ac.uk/targets/me-cfs/

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    MEMum likes this.
  12. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

Thank you!
    [​IMG]

RL_sparky, MEMum and ukxmrv like this.

See more popular forum discussions.