Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rituximab Phase III - Negative result

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Marky90, Nov 21, 2017.

1. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    I get what many say about immune system defects. No doubts in my mind that unusal immune responses are common in both ME and CFS. But I just dont buy into the idea that sufferers are genetically predisposed to have those sort of problems. I think the problems with the immune system are acquired and are caused in most cases (of CFS) by an adverse drug reaction and, in some cases, adverse supplement reaction. The idea that because something can be bought from a health food store it must be "healthy" is cobblers. Supplement manufacturers in the UK get away with far to much when it comes to not having to prove the safety and effectiveness of their products.

2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Thx @Learner1 and I bookmarked the video to watch it later. And enjoy your conference!

3. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Thanks, I did!

Gingergrrl likes this.
  4. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    At the conference I went to, doctors from the University of Washington enumerated over 300 genetic defects leading to immune system irregularities, which seems to fit with what Neil McGegor had found in Australia. They are also piloting gene editing techniques in more severely ill patients.

No doubt there also are many of us who have had environmental factors like infections, toxins, or drugs trigger ME/CFS.

And, there are likely some of us that have all of the above.

AdamS, Aroa and Murph like this.

See more popular forum discussions.