• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituximab in US

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Looks like we may soon have a new option for receiving Rituximab in the US.

Check out Dr. Lapp's recent newsletter at http://drlapp.com/news/me-letter-december-2011/
for news about The Open Medicine Institute, Rituximab and more.

Hunter-Hopkins has joined with several well-known practices to form the Open Medicine Institute. Using EMR (Electronic Medical Records) we will be able to share anonymous information and medical records for the purpose of doing research as a group. We have already obtained more than $500,000 in grants from the Centers for Disease Control to study the Clinical Assessment of CFS. Patients who choose to participate will have their de-identified records transmitted to a central server so that a special team at the CDC can determine how various medical groups diagnose and manage persons with CFS/ME (PWCs). We hope that this will lead to a standard intake form and formal approach to CFS/ME that can be taught to many other healthcare providers. Participants in this project include Drs. Lapp and Black, Dr. Dan Peterson, Dr. Cindy Bateman, Dr. Rich Podell, and several others. Dr. Andy Kogelnick is the principal investigator.

The Open Medicine Institute has already begun discussions with the Norwegian study group, and we are hoping to soon offer trials of Rituximab in our office, pending approval by regulatory agencies and funding for the drug.

Enid

I'm so glad to see for you there specialK and the ability of your researchers to take on board all the developments and findings too.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Yep, I think the more places that do trials, the more patients will test it, and create data, which will help all of us as it moves this field forward. I hope it will be soon, like in 2012!