1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rituximab in jab rather than infusion. Good for us?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Tito, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Tito

Tito Senior Member

heapsreal, Enid and Sherlock like this.
  2. Sherlock

Sherlock bicarb for exercise recovery and taming candida

US
    It's surprising to see that is (so far) the only article on that story on the entire internet. I know there has been some previous use in cancer of injections to specific areas in/around tumors - but not intravenous injection.

3. rebar

rebar

this is a very interesting development, I wonder how it will play out with this community. is this the same formula or have they tweaked it. the implications are greater than just saving time, with a new patent there would be an improved chance for trials. this is good news

Valentijn likes this.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This would simplify treatment enormously. It takes a lot more hospital resources for an infusion. However I do wonder about safety. One of the reasons to infuse Rituximab slowly is that any complications can be dealt with before too much is given.

5. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Roche Press Release posted on another site

http://www.roche.com/med-cor-2012-12-08b.htm

Statistics in this release: 300,000 users of Rituximab worldwide for diseases other than cancer.

Anyone have a list of these other diseases? Would be interesting to see what they are....

6. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    1,400 mg is a strong dose, this is actually a big step forward in terms of drug delivery, assuming the safety profile is similar.

I had heard about these clinical trials, but I was not aware of any publications.

See more popular forum discussions.