• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituximab in jab rather than infusion. Good for us?

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
It's surprising to see that is (so far) the only article on that story on the entire internet. I know there has been some previous use in cancer of injections to specific areas in/around tumors - but not intravenous injection.

rebar

this is a very interesting development, I wonder how it will play out with this community. is this the same formula or have they tweaked it. the implications are greater than just saving time, with a new patent there would be an improved chance for trials. this is good news

alex3619

This would simplify treatment enormously. It takes a lot more hospital resources for an infusion. However I do wonder about safety. One of the reasons to infuse Rituximab slowly is that any complications can be dealt with before too much is given.

Gemini

It could be of interest to us.
Roche seems to be investing in a new form of Rituximab, a jab rather than an infusion. Potentially with a new patent.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-blood-cancer-patients.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
This could mean that they may want to expand the list of pathologies to ME and therefore fund some trials.
Tito

Roche Press Release posted on another site

http://www.roche.com/med-cor-2012-12-08b.htm

Statistics in this release: 300,000 users of Rituximab worldwide for diseases other than cancer.

Anyone have a list of these other diseases? Would be interesting to see what they are....

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
1,400 mg is a strong dose, this is actually a big step forward in terms of drug delivery, assuming the safety profile is similar.

I had heard about these clinical trials, but I was not aware of any publications.