• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituxan does wear off :(

ghosalb

This is disappointing but kind of consistent with Fluge/Mella results. I thought Norway results showed that among responders, older and severely sick patients relapsed after certain period of time, even with correct protocol.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
This is disappointing but kind of consistent with Fluge/Mella results. I thought Norway results showed that among responders, older and severely sick patients relapsed after certain period of time, even with correct protocol.

No theres no such indications, check the phase 2 individual data. The only thing that we know is that some get a major response, some get a moderate response, some relapse, some dont respond, some stay in remission.

ghosalb

No theres no such indications, check the phase 2 individual data. The only thing that we know is that some get a major response, some get a moderate response, some relapse, some dont respond, some stay in remission.
I see that responders who remained well are average age of approx. 35 and started treatment at a score of 33.8 (11 samples). But those who showed response but then declined are average age of approx. 46 (7 samples) and starting score of 19.3 (6 samples). Non-responders : avg. age 40.5 and score 26 (9 samples). Small sample size but interesting pattern.

Marky90

I see that responders who remained well are average age of approx. 35 and started treatment at a score of 33.8 (11 samples). But those who showed response but then declined are average age of approx. 46 (7 samples) and starting score of 19.3 (6 samples). Non-responders : avg. age 40.5 and score 26 (9 samples). Small sample size but interesting pattern.

Yeah too small, but maybe! Hopefully more answers after phase 3 :)

Ellkaye

Rituximab is interesting and may be appropriate in severe debilitating arthritis misdiagnosed as fatiguing CFS.
It may also be interesting for a very few cases of ME.
But it appears not to be the medicine of choice of ME.

Marky90

Rituximab is interesting and may be appropriate in severe debilitating arthritis misdiagnosed as fatiguing CFS.
It may also be interesting for a very few cases of ME.
But it appears not to be the medicine of choice of ME.

I kind of agree

However I`m thinking that maybe it could be the medicine of choice with another medicine(s) as well, e.g. cyclo. What would happen to the moderate responders to rtx when given rtx AND cyclo? There would probably be more side effects, but possibly more remissions. What`s your gut feeling prof. @Jonathan Edwards ?

Still, we`re probably talking subsets.

Ellkaye

Dear Rebecca,sorry that the rituximab didnt work any more in you.Hope that your immune system/b cells manage to regenerate again and recover again so that you can try any same/similar or different class of medication of your choice and still allow yourself a chance to recover,be it rituximab,arv's,or anything else.

Once again,good luck Rebecca in all your choices.