Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Risk from lead-based paint around UK electric pylons

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SilverbladeTE, Mar 29, 2014.

1. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/poison-pylon-paint-fears-flakes-3300691

as usual, doing it on the cheap, and management poo-pooing any worries...makes ya sick, Standard Operating Procedure :/

barbc56 likes this.
  2. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

@SilverbladeTE

Thanks for the article.

A quick question that may be OT but you piqued my curiosity.

Are children in Scotland screened for lead levels? Two of my grandchildren were tested because they lived in a house built before

The CDC recommends screening for lead between the ages of one and two as well at the ages of three to six if you fall into one of the at risk categories.

Barb

SilverbladeTE likes this.
  3. Well over here, they swine in Westminster didn't ban tetraethyl lead in petrol until 2000, so of course, all the plebs in dense urban housing got bathed in lead fumes as well as industrial pollutants etc! :/

On average that meant kids in built up areas suffered -10 IQ and higher rates of mental health problems, and the reduction in crime in recent years is possibly to an extent, due to the reduction in lead

barbc56 likes this.
  4. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

What a tragedy.

Barb

5. Yup, add that to, in my area, the enormous steelworks, metal finishing factories, radium from clockwork factory, munitions factories etc...
    no wonder cancer etc is so incredibly rife
    and you can see same all over the UK, USA etc.

NOTHING is worth the tears of a single child

See more popular forum discussions.