Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Risk and Reward Are Processed Differently in Decisions Made Under Stress

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Esther12, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

http://cdp.sagepub.com/content/21/1/36.short

I've not read this paper, but it's been in the media recently, and it made me think about the way in which people are likely to respond, were they to suffer from some restriction in capabilities, and how this would interact with the psychosocial approach to CFS.

It increasingly seems to me encouraging patients to believe that recovery is under personal control, that deconditioning of a fear/anxiety response to activity is the cause of their disability, etc, is likely to be exactly the wrong thing to do, even if you accept the starting assumptions of a biopsychosocial approach to medicine.

Unfortunately I'm really busy (and have a cold), so I'm also just posting this link also in order to remind me to read the study properly when I have a chance (I've got a long and growing list of reading).

SickOfSickness likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.