When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rio Olympian - she seems to have lots of ME symptoms...

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by ScottTriGuy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    http://www.cbc.ca/playersvoice/entry/near-death-experience-only-made-kirsten-sweetland-stronger

"The infection caused numb limbs, restricted blood flow, fibromyalgia, headaches, brain fog, stomach pain, open sores, swelling, "toxic” blood and debilitating fatigue, which plagued my 2015 season."

"The interesting thing in this case was the infection: it has a neurological component and I have been tested and found to have a lot of neurotoxins."

"At times before I was on antibiotics, I felt overly emotional or down, which is not generally in my nature. Luckily the antibiotics helped with this and I feel like I’m able to take things as they are, day by day and one step at a time."

Mel9, Valentijn, Effi and 1 other person like this.
  2. msf

msf Senior Member

´Multiple bacterial infections and a parasite´ either sounds like incredibly bad luck, or a euphemism for Lyme and its co-infections.

Mel9 and ScottTriGuy like this.
  3. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    Or it could be she picked up parasites and bacterial infections from the swimming part of triathalons. Lots of chance for infection there too.

Mel9 and ScottTriGuy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.