1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: Muscles and the 'myalgia' in ME/CFS
In the first in a new series of 'In Brief' articles, Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics and explores how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he looks at the muscles, exploring how our reported symptoms might be associated with our...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ringing in ears

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by meadowlark, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Tristen

Tristen Senior Member

Northern Ca. USA
    Exactly what it is. I've had other types of Tinnitus over the years from different kinds of trauma (loud sounds), and toxicities (aspirin), and this ME related Tinnitus is not at all the same thing...it's disease related and not at all "normal".
  2. runner64

runner64

Gosh, I have had it for 16 months when I got my first CFS symptom and now have many. I just started antibiotic therapy a few days back so we'll see. I am on no other meds. I won't take any but pop the occasional bendryl or gravol to lengthen the worse shortest non refreshing sleep I've ever had. The tinnitis is totally neuro from this. Whooshing like a conch shell up to your ear, screeching, tv high pitch sound, Bagpipe long note sound. All layerd 24/7. Unreal. Some of you guys had it 10 years. Sorry...........and ho no..............man.
  3. niall

niall

Florida
    I have had a pulsating sound in my ears for this past year. This is a new symptom as I did not have it from 2004 when I first developed CFS until last year when it began. Dr. Klimas told me that it is "neuro-inflammation"
  4. runner64

runner64

Okay so it's inflammation, neuro inflammation. I'm glad to get educated here from all of you. Now that makes sense. Because, my brain literally feels fried. This can't be good for the brain that's for sure.
  5. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
  6. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Hampton, NH
  7. philpot

philpot

UK
    I have had background noise for about 5 years. Mine tends to be affected more by significant colds, rather than anything else, in that if there is any significant change it normally happens after/during a significant cold. However, if someone offered me the option to have only noise and in return they would remove all my other symptons then I would gladly take it. :) Regards.

See more popular forum discussions.