• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rifaximin Therapy for Patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome without Constipation

CBS

My 2 cents: http://phoenixrising.me/forums/inde...dominal-gas-by-eating-meat.12735/#post-216087

For those who have SIBO, you might find my recent experience with Equilibrant of some interest. In many cases, the SIBO itself is thought to be caused by loss of gastric motility. The loss of motility can be the result of enterovirus infection. I was positive for enterovirus infection (coxsackie and echo) by blood test through ARUP and immunohistochemistry of a tissue sample.

Equilibrant is an immune modulator. The idea is to shift the immune response back towards TH1 (fighting viruses) and away from TH2 (inflammation) in the hopes of restoring the body's ability to fight these common viruses on its own. I've been on Equilibrant now for over 7 months without a hint of SIBO (by far the longest period since 2004). I'm awaiting the results of a recent repeat blood test. It will be very interesting too see if the tests align with my experience.