Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rifaximin in Australia

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Gary1001, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    Hi,

Quick post for those live in Australia. Has any tried Rifaximin and if so, which pharmacy stocks it.

Cheers,

Gary

heapsreal likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    online i think is the easiest, magicpharma sell it when they decide to open again otherwise these guys http://www.universaldrugstore.com/medications/Rifaximin but requires a script and abit of ginning around to get order sent etc as they send quite a few confirmation emails before sending.

How is the BEG spray going for you? seems to be going ok this end.

cheers!!

3. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    Yea, I thought about getting it online but was worried about Australian customs (http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4369.asp#e1033).

The BEG spray is working surprising well. I only need one spray a day in each nose at 50% concentration. Most of the infection has gone.

4. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    if u have a script you should be ok. I have ordered abx from the link in my past post.
    the beg spray im still using at full strngth but just 1 spray in each nostril 3 times a day.
    Treating the post nasal drip might help u with gut issues too??

5. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    Helping the sinus infection overall has help my health. I'm also taking antifungals with some success. Unfortunately stomach is a major issue as is sleep. My next plan of attack is to try a SIBO treatment. I'm completely intolerant of carbs and think this could be the reason.

heapsreal likes this.
  6. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Thought of insulin resistance as well? ?

7. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    I have it to a small degree given the lack of exercise but is not the main issue. My stomach severely bloats and it Rifaximin works wonderfully (ordered from an online pharmacy) so I suspect a bacterial overgrowth. The issue has been the effects are not long lasting. This time around I'm going to combine with a part elemental diet to see if I can keep the growth under control.

8. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    I found this quote from Sandra in this thread http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-h2s-need-antibiotic-input.12921/#post-218792

I've shot her a PM. Looks like a good option at $100 and avoids the customs issues.

heapsreal likes this.
  9. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    There was a doc in sydney treating people with rifax which our good doc mentioned to me but he couldnt elaborate much more then that. Maybe a doc he could refer you to??

10. end

end *****

I have

Any Doc at the CDD will prescribe/supply www.cdd.com.au call and speak to there Nursing Staff they should be able to arrange it

Also SIBO will always reoccur if you have hypochlorhydria

See more popular forum discussions.