1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Richvank - What tests to order? MTHFR blood draw alternate?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Rosebud Dairy, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Rosebud Dairy

Rosebud Dairy Senior Member

The doc ordered the MTHFR blood draw on two of my children, and the stupid lab did not do it on either one of them!! As I really do not want to put them through another needle stick at this time, would a urine AA on NO supplements be helpful, and does the Doctors Data lab offer a similar Urine AA as Genova? I am looking for a non-blood draw test for children that can tell me more if they might also have my MTHFR. They respond in so many of the same positive ways to my vitamins, and in so many of the same negative ways to folic/folinic foods, that I am giving them my vitamins for now, but for this many children, it is expensive.

What do you think is the best non-blood draw test for more MTHFR-type info?

Thanks,
    Rosebud

2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Rosebud.

23andme.com offers a genotype panel that uses a saliva test. It characterizes about 1 million SNPs, including several for MTHFR. I am hopeful that other SNPs on this panel will eventually be found to be related to the folic acid and folinic acid intolerances, but that's just a hope at this point, since we haven't studied this enough yet.

Best regards,

Rich

3. Rosebud Dairy

Rosebud Dairy Senior Member

Thank you very much.

I will look into that.

See more popular forum discussions.