• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rich Carson's advert/hype of a new drug treatment for ME.

alex3619

A "peptide" is just two or more amino acids
The somewhat arbitrary divide between a peptide and a protein is about 50 amino acids, so they can be quite complex too.

Here the use of peptides often requires medical approval: (infomercial site warning) https://www.peptideclinics.com.au/buy-peptides-online-australia/

Further, if they are trying to alter brain receptor function in a targeted fashion its not being used as a supplement, but as a drug. So the question arises as to the mode of action. Is it targeted to a specific receptor with high specificity, or is it a broad acting supplement? More likely its in between, and I would expect the FDA to get interested unless its a simple common peptide that is well understood.

barbc56

eading ME researchers and clinicians, and Cort Johnson of HealthRising and I are working together on an article to introduce the drug and the pharmaceutical company's fascinating new hypothesis of the cause of ME (and FM, GWS, CLD) to the world. It's very exciting stuff from any angle. Stay tuned to ProHealth.com for more.

@AndyPR Did the above link to prohealth take you to this information or is it there for future reference? The page is disgustingly littered with supplement ads which is to be expected but IMHO unsettling as far as potential conflicts of interest.

AndyPR

@AndyPR Did the above link to prohealth take you to this information or is it there for future reference? The page is disgustingly littered with supplement ads which is to be expected but IMHO unsettling as far as potential conflicts of interest.
I merely quoted what the original Facebook post said. Rich Carson owns Prohealth, so obviously, and unsurprisingly, was taking the opportunity to increase the traffic to his site, that is the only reason for the link being there to my knowledge.

barbc56

I merely quoted what the original Facebook post said. Rich Carson owns Prohealth, so obviously, and unsurprisingly, was taking the opportunity to increase the traffic to his site, that is the only reason for the link being there to my knowledge.
Ah, I think I was getting a bit paranoid thinking that information on the PH site about this treatment was also removed.

antherder

On a more positive note, hearing Ricky Gervais laugh is very therapeutic!
I can't watch videos online, but just the thought of Ricky Gervais laughing is also therapeutic.

If only we could get him to be our patron. I'm sure he could do a brilliant send up of the whole PACE debacle. I'm not sure though if he'd play the patient, or the psychiatrist...maybe both... Anyone got him on speed dial?

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
So I wonder what happened with that press release?
probably "postponed"
A fool and their money is easily separated, and there is no shortage of people looking for fools to exploit.