• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Riboflavin 5 Phosphate

SJB944

Used Thorne no problems. But I prefer I use the sublingual Coenzymated b2 from Source Naturals.

dbkita

Thorne is good. The Source natural sublingual is good is you can manage the mannitol, etc. But r5p sodium is highly orally bioavailable so your choice.

Lotus97

I like source naturals' because it's in tablet form so I can cut it up and divide the doses throughout the day. I suppose if you're taking the entire tablet/capsule multiple times a day then it wouldn't matter.

ttt

I've been taking regular Riboflavin (100mg), and now I'm switching to Riboflavin 5-Phosphate. It seems like the Riboflavin 5-Phosphate capsules are much lower dosage. Any idea what's a dosage of R5P that compares to 100mg of plain Riboflavin?

Also, is it better to take R5P than Riboflavin? I'm switching because I'm assuming it is better, but I wonder if there are reasons why one would want to stick with plain Riboflavin.