1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rhodiola rosea

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by ramakentesh, May 29, 2011.

1. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Hi - anyone have any experiences? Ive tried it twice briefly and had some pretty impressive results that then wayned to weird vasoconstriction of my feet and hands and a kind of rebound of symptoms. I might try a lower dosage - im waiting to discuss with my doctor.

2. InvertedTree

InvertedTree Senior Member

It worked great for me when my ME symptoms were mild but when the ME progressed to the moderate/severe level I didn't have as much success with it.

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    No response--sigh!

Sushi

4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    no response for me either. What sort of effects are people looking for with this?

cheers!!!

5. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    Nothing.

Jenny

6. Mr. Cat

Mr. Cat Senior Member

Nothern California
    I've been taking Gaia Herbs Rhodiola for about a month now. The first time I took 1 pill, I became extremely anxious and irritable for about 3 hours. It was so bad, I was never going to take any again, but near the end of this, I experienced a positive/energetic mood, and the next day I started on a smaller dosage and worked up. For about a week, I had great bursts of energy and an excellent mood. I think all this is due to the fact that Rhodiola is supposed to boost the passage of serotonin to the brain, and as with other serotonin-enhancers, such as SAM-E, there is a very fine line for me, as a little makes me feel good, but too much gives me anxiety. I had a crash about a week ago, though, and since then, I haven't noticed as much effect from the Rhodiola. My tolerance certainly increased, as I am now up to 2 pills/day with much less impressive results. I still think the Rhodiola is helping, though.

See more popular forum discussions.