1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Revised Simplified Methylation Protocol (August 25, 2012 Revision)

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by richvank, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX
    I have been having a difficult time breathing after taking L-Methylfolate and my lungs seem to fill up as though I was a smoker. It seems to go away after I take Niacin.

It's a double edged sword because I need the methylfolate for extreme depression right now but I'm having incredibly scary respiratory side effects.

Would taking L-Methylfolate and methyl cobalamin together make a difference? Anybody know what could be happening?

Please advise.

2. Whit

Whit Senior Member

Bay Area
    Smart Youthful Energy is wafers now. Dose? 1/day?

Ok to take both? 1200 milligrams of lecithin & 1 wafer of Smart Youthful Energy?

More? Seems good for me.

Take wafers with food?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  3. kiddo

kiddo

Charleston, South Carolina

4. kiddo

kiddo

Charleston, South Carolina
    Dear Rich:

Thank you for that post. I am SO sick, for too long, and SO confused as to how to help myself. My internist never heard of methylation cycle, nor biotoxins. And DOES NOT want to know. I was a patient of Ritchie Shoemaker, but am too debilitated to make the two-day drive to him.

And I can't seem to find a mold-free living environment in Charleston SC, given the depletion of financial resources. Money can solve SOME problems for sure. I collect diagnoses, and positive tests for genetic defects. First, HLA-DR - inability to detox mold or tickborne biotoxins.

Now Methylation problem, tested by Holtorf Group (I am hearing the funds sucking me into overdraft now.) 2 copies of C677T mutation. Problem is - I am getting WORSE on their treatment, and cant ask a question without sending $325. High C4a and other cytokines, high TGIF-B1, low leptin, VEGF , ADH, VIP, MSH, now low Thyroid. Cortisol and all "reproduction" hormones in tank for years.

Always fighting electrolytes and dehydration. Hospitalized in 2008 for hyponatremia. Now serum sodium ok, but osmolality low, and potassium and iron testing low - new one. Test shows non existent for Vit D ON supplementation and in sun. High Lead, Mercury and some other heavy metals - probably made it wors when getting those fillings OUT.

Losing teeth to dry mouth (all the RootCanaled ones especially. Some kind of dermal Lupus. It just goes on. Enough Tale of Woe. POINT - I am on all these supplements and IM shots, DMAE and Diflucan-I believe low dose on last two. I am goig out of my mind! The agitation is extreme. Panic and anxiety through the roof. Cognitive decline scary.

And of course the million other symptoms, and Pain, hypertension 220/118 (which no one can explain), lost a lot of weight, to 88lbs from 135. I was always OVERweight.... loss of muscles mass and bone mass. Very little exercise, or even talking, wears me out to collapse. I know you cannot give medical advice. But can you tell me if you have seen - especially the agitation /over the top anxiety /panic - this before, and what seemed to help? More of something? Less of something?

There are so many ingredients in these supplements, I couldn't isolate it if I tried. And the binders and other crap. Once, as a teenager, I threw up on Niacin, but it turned our to be one of the "other ingredients" like magnesium stearate... I think thats in all of them. I am going to try your simplified protocol... Slowly. But any pearls of experiential wisdom would be SO HELPFUL.

Rich, I am at the end of my rope here. Paralyzed. And need to connect with someone. Help please...

Thank you SO MUCH!

Mari
    kbkiddo at gmail dot com

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  5. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Mari

Sorry to have to bear bad news but Rich has passed and we are all missing him still.

My own advice to you is to come off the supplements over a week or so (what are you taking?) Then you can slowly get back on the ones you really need. Also what is your diet?

See more popular forum discussions.