Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Revised question about 8 mcg of folic acid in Colostrum

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by cutie2u222, Sep 29, 2014.

1. cutie2u222

cutie2u222

Hi All,

I had asked the question about folic acid in the NuMedica Colostrum that I was using. It seems to be the only colostrum product I have used to stop a chronic infection.

It contains 8 mcg of folic acid.

WILL I BE OK WITH THIS AMOUNT AND NOT HAVE IT MESS UP METHYLATION??

Been on Rich's protocol and improving.

Yasko: CBS, COMT, SUOX, MTHFR and one MTR +-

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Janet

2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Seems to me that controlling the infection is probably more important, even if it does slow down methylation. Will you have to take it forever?

I think folic acid is worst for people who have SHMT and MTHFR C677T both +/+. If you have a different MTHFR (such as A1298C or others), folic acid is not as bad for you as it could be. And 8 mcg is a tiny amount.

Mogwai likes this.
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    One of Ben Lynch's several posts re folic acid.

4. cutie2u222

cutie2u222

Thank you so much for the help.I have the MTHFR 1298C +-, and I have been dealing with this viral infection for years and cannot get it to go into remission. I have tried all types of colostrum, Pure Encap, etc, but the Numedic seems to give me the best control.

I have had a Spectracell test done and it showed lympocytes were deficient in zinc and asparagine. I have been able to get the zinc up, but Asparagine/Asparatic Acid is so tough on my gut, I am still struggling with that. From what I can find out, the body will make asparagine from glutamine and that is what I have been trying to do. (About 2 grams a day, and I think that is a no no with the methylation protocol??) Am I correct about that???

Any help to raise the asparagine would be so great.

I am homebound, alone, having to do everything myself.

I must keep the methylation going. Very ill. Better, but still very tough going. THANK GOD for these forums!

And thank you for tip about the processed grains. The only grain I eat as a treat is the Udi's muffin top. I checked the box and you are right. Folate in that. I am sure it is folic acid.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME.

Janet

Critterina likes this.
  5. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Glutamine is also indicated for healing the gut, so maybe it's not so bad. A lot of people here have had to do gut rebuilding in addition to methylation. You might check out the forum on digestion for info on whether there's an issue with glutamine and methylation.

6. cutie2u222

cutie2u222

Yes, I having to rebuild the gut and get the CBS under control again! I will check out the forum on digestive info.

Thank you so very much for your help.

Janet

7. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA

See more popular forum discussions.