1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Revised Helsinki research guidelines include pre-registration for all research (not just RCTs)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

The new guidelines are here: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1760318.

I just read this blog on them by James C. Coyne

Extract:

Also (this is a quote from the revised Helsinki ethical guidelines themselves):

Valentijn, Simon, aimossy and 2 others like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia

aimossy likes this.
  3. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    Wow! Thanks @ Dolphin, James Coyne and those who produced the revised Helsinki declaration.

That would wipe out almost all of the CFS literature if applied retrospectively. Hopefully it will improve things going forward.

Purple, Dolphin and Valentijn like this.
  4. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

Such as the recovery rates in the PACE Trial as originally defined? :)

Although on second reading, this probably means a record of the original protocol, not an analysis of the data.

Bob likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.