The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Review of ME/CFS: an evidence-based approach to diagnosis and management by clinicians.

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Kyla, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26613325

Valentijn and MEMum like this.
  2. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    Oops. I think this may already have another thread.
    Not sure how to delete

3. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
  4. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Supportive symptomatic treatment. This is basically palliative care/behavioral medicine. Got orthostatic intolerance? here, try this electrolyte drink... (We don't do IV here because the government doesn't think you are worthy of them)

Cognitive dysfunction? Try meditation. And so on.

'patient centered care approach'? What does that even mean? Institutions that are self-proclaimed as patient-centered care are quickly retreating back when the patient actually asks for science-based treatments, and access to off-labeled treatments.

Essentially all that is described here is education program which is the other way to say CBT and pacing to regain abilities to plan activities and begin to make slow incremental improvement to functionality is the other way to say 'rehab' or GET.

Nothing new here, extremely conservative.

Published in 'Environmental medicine'. Why branding this disease as an environmental disease? Global warming anyone? we caught this from our environment? Then why is HIV/AIDs not an environemntal disease? MS? Alzeimer? Cancer?

5. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)

See more popular forum discussions.