1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME/CFS: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reverse Therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Cort, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Someone just wrote me an interesting post about his improvement using Reverse therapy. I hope he doesn't mind my posting what he wrote

Anyone tried Reverse therapy?

2. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Cort,

I came across Reverse Therapy online a couple years ago. I don't pretend to understand it all but what I do understand has been quite helpful to me.

After reading this very different perspective (at least it was a very different perspective for me) I began to see my symptoms as ... well not friends, exactly, but no longer so much as enemies to be ignored and brushed aside).

There were reasons that my body (body mind) had for slowing down, for telling me to rest, for causing me to have to say "no" to people. There were reasons for me to start taking care of me instead of everybody else.

I don't think I know what all of body mind's reasons and goals were in slowing me down, but I have an idea about some of them and honestly? Body mind probably had a good idea in changing my directions. Could've done it in a slightly less spectacular way, if you ask me ... :rolleyes:

So. I began to at least consider the notion that it was good for me to slow down, that it was good for me to stop spreading myself so thin, being so accessible to too many people and too many things. I was too much of a people pleaser and wasn't good at saying no.

So body mind said no for me.

Interesting perspective indeed and from the little I know of it, definitely worth plumbing some depths.

3. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    A view in the negative

http://reversetherapy.blogspot.com/

Did the bloke with POTS have that improved or was it in other areas? Whatever, better is better...so good luck to him...:)

4. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Jody that's exactly what I did when I started the Amygdala Retraining program. It had me take a real look at my body (instead of trying to ignore it) and my mind and the various triggers that send my symptoms flying. Above all its had me slow down physically and mentally and emotionally. I'm slowly turning the spigot down - and it definitely helps.:)

5. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    For me, that quote above, probably summed up things in 16 words or less. (Yes, I counted them. If I counted wrong, ... don't tell me.:))

See more popular forum discussions.