Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Radio, Feb 11, 2014.

1. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I'm just reviewing this thread, thought you might be interested to know re Equilibrant,

sarah darwins likes this.
  2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @sarah darwins since you're around, another comment. After reviewing this thread, I took some lecithin today. I've been struggling to get on top of ongoing experience of peroxynitrite/oxidative stress. My sense is that my body really likes this, I seem to feel easier than I have been, without looking for my next dose of antioxidant.

3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Thanks, ahmo. I'm still at the studying stage on this stuff but I have a feeling it's going to come in useful. Cheers.

ahmo likes this.
  4. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Have you guys researched the Patricia Kane protocol?

I apologize if I've said that already.

5. Skyline

Skyline Senior Member

Bangkok, Thailand
    New interview with Garth Nicolson on lipid replacement therapy here:
    https://thequantifiedbody.net/repair-mitochondria-lipid-replacement-garth-nicolson-phd/

The interview goes into a lot of depth on:
    - The mechanism of action of lipid replacement therapy
    - The different LRT supplements
    - The biomarkers Nicolson used to track repair of the mitochondrial membranes in his studies
    - How he personally uses LRT

I thoroughly enjoyed talking with Garth on this, and learned a lot more details about LRT. I've been using NT Factor for over a year now, and it's important to me to validate as much as possible anything I use. Unfortunately the biomarkers we discussed in this interview are not via easily accessible lab tests, so I have not been able to validate my own anecdotal results with LRT.

My endurance and ability to exercise has progressed significantly over the last year. I was hiking in Scotland a few weeks ago without trouble. However, unfortunately I have also done many other things to improve my health over the last year - so there are a lot of potential confounders.

I would not say that LRT is the only thing that has helped - I believe in a multifactorial approach - however, I do think it has played a role and I continue to take NT Factor.

6. Tom_Nightingale

Tom_Nightingale

This is an interesting thread. I've benefited tremendously from lecithin, but I want to take it to the next level with the NT Factor. Thing is, it's derived from soy, and I wonder if the negative responses here have to do with that. I have been using sunflower lecithin and have not experienced any issues.

Does anyone know of a LPT product like NT Factor that is sunflower derived?

7. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I was going to suggest sunflower lecithin but then you said you take it. Ive taken both soy and sunflower phosphatidylcholine and have less sides from the sunflower. The one from seeking health has the various types of choline so i think is your best bet

8. Tom_Nightingale

Tom_Nightingale

But does this compare to the phospholipid NT Factor product? I don't know if either that NT Factor powder has extra lipids that regular lecithin doesn't, or if it is just a fancy-wrapped lecithin powder? Because if it is powdered lecithin, then I'd definitely just go with Seeking Health PC

9. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Ive never taken NT factor but ive always assumed its a powder. Regardless, i did research into the patricia kane protocol and she created the bodybio phosphatidylcholine so i feel its safe to assume that has the best ingredients in it, though grossly overpriced. The seeking health PC has the same.

10. Theodore

Theodore Senior Member

France
  11. JohnSilver

JohnSilver CFS Fighter

Chicago, USA
    From what I know cortisol levels naturally drop at night to lowest point and are the highest in the morning. Therefore phosphatidylserine is best taken at night just before bed time, and would be a bad idea to take in the morning as body would like to up regulate cortisol in the morning.

12. JohnSilver

JohnSilver CFS Fighter

Chicago, USA
    LOL.. seriously I need to show my wife your list as she things my supplement list is terrifying .. you are like my sibling in supplements.

13. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Just a thought but the cortisol level highs and low you quote, if they are for healthy people it may be that specific profile may not reflect how unwell peoples cortisol responds.

14. Chocolove

Chocolove Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again

15. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    @Hip Did you ever try NT Factor again after your negative experience a few years back? It put me into a horribly black mood last time I tried it, but I started it again today.

16. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I tried NT Factor a few times again, but I never really noticed much from it on subsequent occasions, neither good or bad effects.

ebethc and Cheesus like this.
  17. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

same here... plus, it's expensive..

See more popular forum discussions.