• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

ahmo

@sarah darwins since you're around, another comment. After reviewing this thread, I took some lecithin today. I've been struggling to get on top of ongoing experience of peroxynitrite/oxidative stress. My sense is that my body really likes this, I seem to feel easier than I have been, without looking for my next dose of antioxidant.

sarah darwins

@sarah darwins since you're around, another comment. After reviewing this thread, I took some lecithin today. I've been struggling to get on top of ongoing experience of peroxynitrite/oxidative stress. My sense is that my body really likes this, I seem to feel easier than I have been, without looking for my next dose of antioxidant.
Thanks, ahmo. I'm still at the studying stage on this stuff but I have a feeling it's going to come in useful. Cheers.

Skyline

New interview with Garth Nicolson on lipid replacement therapy here:
https://thequantifiedbody.net/repair-mitochondria-lipid-replacement-garth-nicolson-phd/

The interview goes into a lot of depth on:
- The mechanism of action of lipid replacement therapy
- The different LRT supplements
- The biomarkers Nicolson used to track repair of the mitochondrial membranes in his studies
- How he personally uses LRT

I thoroughly enjoyed talking with Garth on this, and learned a lot more details about LRT. I've been using NT Factor for over a year now, and it's important to me to validate as much as possible anything I use. Unfortunately the biomarkers we discussed in this interview are not via easily accessible lab tests, so I have not been able to validate my own anecdotal results with LRT.

My endurance and ability to exercise has progressed significantly over the last year. I was hiking in Scotland a few weeks ago without trouble. However, unfortunately I have also done many other things to improve my health over the last year - so there are a lot of potential confounders.

I would not say that LRT is the only thing that has helped - I believe in a multifactorial approach - however, I do think it has played a role and I continue to take NT Factor.

This is an interesting thread. I've benefited tremendously from lecithin, but I want to take it to the next level with the NT Factor. Thing is, it's derived from soy, and I wonder if the negative responses here have to do with that. I have been using sunflower lecithin and have not experienced any issues.

Does anyone know of a LPT product like NT Factor that is sunflower derived?

Aerose91

This is an interesting thread. I've benefited tremendously from lecithin, but I want to take it to the next level with the NT Factor. Thing is, it's derived from soy, and I wonder if the negative responses here have to do with that. I have been using sunflower lecithin and have not experienced any issues.

Does anyone know of a LPT product like NT Factor that is sunflower derived?
I was going to suggest sunflower lecithin but then you said you take it. Ive taken both soy and sunflower phosphatidylcholine and have less sides from the sunflower. The one from seeking health has the various types of choline so i think is your best bet

I was going to suggest sunflower lecithin but then you said you take it. Ive taken both soy and sunflower phosphatidylcholine and have less sides from the sunflower. The one from seeking health has the various types of choline so i think is your best bet
But does this compare to the phospholipid NT Factor product? I don't know if either that NT Factor powder has extra lipids that regular lecithin doesn't, or if it is just a fancy-wrapped lecithin powder? Because if it is powdered lecithin, then I'd definitely just go with Seeking Health PC

Aerose91

But does this compare to the phospholipid NT Factor product? I don't know if either that NT Factor powder has extra lipids that regular lecithin doesn't, or if it is just a fancy-wrapped lecithin powder? Because if it is powdered lecithin, then I'd definitely just go with Seeking Health PC
Ive never taken NT factor but ive always assumed its a powder. Regardless, i did research into the patricia kane protocol and she created the bodybio phosphatidylcholine so i feel its safe to assume that has the best ingredients in it, though grossly overpriced. The seeking health PC has the same.

JohnSilver

CFS Fighter
So..................in general.......would it be unwise to take NT factor if you know you have low cortisol? I definitely have low cortisol.

From what I know cortisol levels naturally drop at night to lowest point and are the highest in the morning. Therefore phosphatidylserine is best taken at night just before bed time, and would be a bad idea to take in the morning as body would like to up regulate cortisol in the morning.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
From what I know cortisol levels naturally drop at night to lowest point and are the highest in the morning. Therefore phosphatidylserine is best taken at night just before bed time, and would be a bad idea to take in the morning as body would like to up regulate cortisol in the morning.

Just a thought but the cortisol level highs and low you quote, if they are for healthy people it may be that specific profile may not reflect how unwell peoples cortisol responds.

Cheesus

@Hip Did you ever try NT Factor again after your negative experience a few years back? It put me into a horribly black mood last time I tried it, but I started it again today.

Hip

@Hip Did you ever try NT Factor again after your negative experience a few years back? It put me into a horribly black mood last time I tried it, but I started it again today.

I tried NT Factor a few times again, but I never really noticed much from it on subsequent occasions, neither good or bad effects.

BeADocToGoTo1

Any reason one cannot just eat egg yolks? This thread is a giant advertisement for supplements.

I am all about real food when digested and absorbed properly. Complete eggs including yolks (unless you have sensitivies of course) but sourced from happy chickens (pasture raised, organic, non-soy fed, non-corn fed) are good. Sometimes a little extra help is needed, but you have to be so careful about the ingredients of supplements.

I am all about real food when digested and absorbed properly. Complete eggs including yolks (unless you have sensitivies of course) but sourced from happy chickens (pasture raised, organic, non-soy fed, non-corn fed) are good. Sometimes a little extra help is needed, but you have to be so careful about the ingredients of supplements.

I really sincerely doubt anyone would have a sensitivity or trouble digesting raw egg yolk. If you believe his claims, Aajonus Vonderplanitz said raw eggs can be broken down and digested in as quick as 15 min. Some of the things he said were almost unbelievable but I agree with the notion they are an easy to digest and assimilate food. An egg has like 100mg of choline in it, you could easily reach supplement levels with a half or full dozen a day.

This thread and posts by Radio just seem obscenely shilly, even down to using the registered trademark sign after supplement brands. It makes me really question if the advice here comes from a place of generosity or not. Some of the users here tend to really push and rely and put faith in supplements but it is off the charts in this thread. The prices on some of these products are obscene to me and I kind of roll my eyes at the whole marketing type notion of this post. A few pages in a user asks the OP to clarify if they sell for Iherb or have financial interest, as if saying "no" is proof they do not.

I believe supplements can help but can be largely unecessary. The whole environment around CFS and other illnesses and treating them with more in depth ways and using naturopaths and functional docs is so hevay handed on supplements. This is coming from me, a person with business interests in the supplement industry. There are all these protocols floating around where people are led to believe buying a bunch of products is an essential way to health. They are useful but like I said, this thread is rediculous to another degree.

Last edited: