1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Radio, Feb 11, 2014.

1. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I think I read that he left and is now at Pro Health forums @Sporty. Not 100% sure though.

2. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    Yeah I heard that too but after a quick look on there I couldn't see any sign of him. His posts on here look very informative and helpful don't they.....

kyzcreig and rosie26 like this.
  3. consuegra

consuegra Senior Member

4. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Thanks @consuegra for an interesting article.
    " 19th century medicine" or "desperation medicine" , well expressed

5. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    A couple of thoughts spring to mind here:
    • I was discussing lipids with Myhill this morning - she takes the view that they also displace toxic fats, permitting their removal from the body.
    • Some symptoms of 'P5P excess' are actually induced R5P deficiency, taking equal doses of the two can balance things out. B12 can also induce R5P deficiency. Either way exceeding 100mg / day is considered potentially harmful.
    • Increasing mito function first then methylating rather than vice-versa reduces the chance of instability & side effects since Methylation depends on mito function. This adds to the case for you describe.

Adlyfrost likes this.
  6. Adlyfrost

Adlyfrost Senior Member

NJ
    This thread is so exciting to me! I hope NT factor is what I need to keep from waking in the middle of the night to guzzle 3 quarts of coconut water, 3 K pills, and three K sports drinks and five bananas plus several potatoes and nicotinic acid just to keep my heart beating after these methylation supplements do their magic. I am soooo excited to have found this thread!!

But wasn't this part of SMP? Only it was to be taken with methylation not before? I had overlooked it's significance. I was actually searching the B12 intrinsic factor when I saw this.

I wonder why it is not part of Fred's protocol- perhaps it could help the people frustrated that can not tolerate it.

Btw, whatever happened to Radio???

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  7. Adlyfrost

Adlyfrost Senior Member

NJ
    Hmmm, looks like NT factor can cause insomnia for a lot of people in other threads. Not sure why.

8. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Freddd mentions lecithin in his protocol which is the same thing. NT factor, Phosphatidylcholine, lecithin are all along the same lines. It's best to take it before and/or during a methylation protocol.

Radio kind of got run out of here after touting that he had effectively "recovered" from CFS and sharing his theories of what causes the illness. I've learned that people on this board don't want to hear that someone with ME/CFS has recovered because then they assume they must not have had ME. So he got cut down for having supposed alternative motives. A shame, really. Radio definitely didn't have ME but he wasn't selling anything and was sharing helpful info.

kyzcreig, Adlyfrost and Thinktank like this.
  9. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I too wondered what had happened to Radio....sad when people contribute such interesting stuff.

kyzcreig, rosie26 and Adlyfrost like this.
  10. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    Hi man

Where can I get the Smart Youthful Energy in the uk?

11. kyzcreig

kyzcreig

Radio was great. Sometimes obnoxious and untactful? Maybe. But he was exceedingly helpful when he wanted to be.

I benefitted from his advice, although didn't "recover". To be fair my energy is better than it's ever been but I'm still suffering extreme chemical sensitivity, which he claimed to overcome.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  12. JalapenoLuv

JalapenoLuv *****

unknown
    I like NT factor a lot but the problem with CFS is that if you have underlying infections then you can't just throw NT factor at the body, it won't be utilized because the demand isn't there. It would be a waste of money to take a dose of four pills per day when your body can only utilize one. Further, if the infections are present then the rate of regeneration won't be fast enough to build enough mitochondria to notice any energy improvement.

See more popular forum discussions.