1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Retrovirus Positive CFS Patients Show Enhanced Response to Ampligen(R), an Experiment

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by George, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Jim

Jim Senior Member

antibody positive, ampligen no help

i corrected my post above. i was indeed positive for antibodies. i also have a severe case of cfs, and ampligen did not help.

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I believe there was a post awhile back that said Andrea Whittemore stopped Ampligen about a year ago, but just recently started it back. It may have also indicated that she was going to start at a lower dose and increasing the dosage as tolerated. Also, I thought there was statements made that the starting dosage for Ampligen was being studied because the drop out rate for people trying it was high due to side effects and there was evidence of improvement at lower dosages. I believe I read most of this back around the time of the WPI grand opening. I'll try to find it.

See more popular forum discussions.