1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Retrovirus Conference in Prague, April 29-May 4, 2010

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by parvofighter, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Gerwyn

Gerwyn Guest

I,m really not sure what was posted yesterday.we have to be very careful not to prejudice publiction in any way.If it had been benign then Dr whittmore would not have asked that it be removed.i think it would be wise to check with the wpi before reposting .it would probably be best to wait untill after the poster session
  2. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Well said Gerwyn. Cort's words above helped me understand the issue a little better. We need to honor this integrity to ensure the WPI's publication can provide us the maximum benefit.

We ask that no one post this again as the mods will just have to remove it (for the third time). Cort took this seriously enough to delete the abstract without reading it himself - and I know how badly he wanted to.

Otis (forum tech)

Sorry Stone.
  3. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    P62 Dr. Mikovits Judy
    Characterization of innate immune responses in Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Retrovirus-Related Virus (XMRV) infected individuals
    Roles of Innate and Adapted Defenses in Infections by Retroviruses

http://www.crm2010.org/list-of-posters.html
  4. Stone

Stone Senior Member

NC
    Okaaay. I'll wait. Wait for it........ And I didn't realize the request for removal came from whence it came. So that's fine. I've been waiting this long, so no biggie. A wise person once said, "You got to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em" And an even wiser person said, "To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under the skies."
    I'm just an impatient patient today.
    No worries,
    Stone
  5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Thank you for removing it and respecting the requests from Andrea (and WPI). We don't want to jeopardize the chances of publication and we really want to knock the socks off them scientists.
  6. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Yes thanks for removing it. All the info is in the conference website for those that want to read it.
  7. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    Group Photograph (Prague Retrovirus Conference) A proud moment for all CFS sufferers!

I just had to post this,

A group photo from the Prague retrovirus conference, I'm so proud to see Dr Mikovits standing there in the front right, did any of us ever think we would see the day that *CFS* would make it to a conference like this. (We still have a long way to go but after all those years of being mistreated, we are being listened to!)

A great photo *3 cheers for Dr Mikovits!!!!* we are all so PROUD of you! :D

[​IMG]
  8. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Thank you very much, indeed, for posting this!

Wonderful!
  9. fred

fred The game is afoot

Love the arrow.
  10. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    great photo, thanks "it takes a village" LOL
  11. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    :D
  12. serenity

serenity Senior Member

Austin
    thanks for posting i need this today - we aren't bein taken seriously by everyone yet, but we are gettin there.
  13. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    yes god bless everyone in that photo, I hope they can help us!
  14. spindrift

spindrift Plays With Voodoo Dollies

Could that be Coffin and Silverman with her?

(Na, maybe not)
  15. V99

V99 *****

UK
    I thought it was Coffin too.
    Not sure about Silverman. Don't have his body shape fixed in my mind yet. :ashamed:
  16. Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes Shame on You

I would mention how nice it is to hear from Ruscetti and to see Coffin remaining steadfastly supportive, especially about the culture issue, but all that has been well ventilated.

They were afraid of contamination.

"Congressional Food & Psyche"?​
  17. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Excellent stuff. We will definitely get answers with these guys supporting proper research.
  18. Nina

Nina Senior Member

Oh no. I've been eagerly awaiting the results of the new German study and now it looks like they haven't been able to find it AGAIN. It's something of a consolation that Ruscetti and Coffin apparently regard this one as in line with the other 3 negative studies, i.e. not to be taken seriously, but it will be another blow. Hopefully there will be some good news to counteract this soon!
  19. Gerwyn

Gerwyn Guest

The german study is not new.They have just used a simple PCR like Groom and Mclure and the Dutch cowboys and suprise suprise they could not find it.Add in agood dose of psych patients for good measure.Again no attempt made to replicate the WPI merhodology.Coffin highly critical of german approach.Rep[resenting an old study and implying that it is new when 98% of it already published is not acceptable.hohn had already gone on record as saying there was no xmrv in Germany.They have also pressented the study with the original wording of the conclusion changed.I have emailed the WPI to alert them of this.Hopefully they can make this known before the conference ends! If any one can contact Judy M directly please phone her
  20. V99

V99 *****

UK
    BMJ needs to now "come clean". Admit they should not have published the research, and provide accurate information to their readers.

See more popular forum discussions.