• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Retraining – with Guphta, DNRS (Hooper) or Eavans

student

The Mind and wiring-process techniques. What was hard work? Which of these ones do you know - to be verry effective. (My search on „Planet thrive forum“ showed no details. The Indian NLP teacher gets distrust and people promote their lokal whites.)

But will I go back to my Gupta-DVD-Program practice? Was it better? (I just start the new DNRS:) This quite effective „Stop-stop-stop !“ mechanismn of the NLP Practitioner from south London is well developed. To me the drawing seems much more clear. And now a female american writer doubles her written material, adds 3

DVD's for higher pricing. May be after 2 decades she can overtrakes this UK originated work. She uses new language. Has nice drawings on lokalised peaces of Brain funktion. But her verry core STOP!- feature looks verry much like a copy paste to me? For example Gupta invented the „walking“ on his 2,0 x 3,0 m XXL floor-diagram.

Another retraining Option has come up? Yes it helped me to do more thinking on retraining activities. (Though No – this one does not seem equal to me jet.) For good understanding it would still need these 2 others. The short form of her „Stop!“ process with the rational-approach (Evans) is better understood when the original Gupta Stop-sequence is already known.

An inner internet Forum supports the DNRS (Hooper) groop. A Gupta german-Forum is much smaler. See some Links. This seems to be public http://www.dnrsystem.com/video_links.html and books discussed (see resource), http://www.arationalapproach.com/ (see low cost „stop“ @chapter 4) L Eavans.

This American DNRS version is pretty costly – living abroud I payed another 100 $ extra (60 Taxes, 20 shipping – 20 for the book on rewiring).

Last edited:

SOC

@student, these techniques have been discussed extensively here at PR. There has not been a great deal of enthusiasm for any of them as a treatment for ME/CFS, so I doubt you will find many people willing to rehash old arguments. I suggest that you search Phoenix Rising using the search box at the top right of this page. The Google site search accessible from that search box will probably be most effective for you. You should be able to find all the discussion, both for these treatments and against them, and make your own decision.

student

Well, @SOC thank you, yes! This talk can leed us to compare this approaches. I want to challange you... Lets talk through some of the practical details. I do use the „stop“ technique.

Who of you – would have already worked with an Amygdala (Gupta) retraining? This DNRS material does use the Guptas-“Stop“ mechanism. So let me re-think what I want. An abreaviation - the KISS-principal means this for me (keep short and simple). I would addapt to all the new words- that a Hooper Program gives at hand (see her work-sheat). Though for my XXL-Plan to step on the floor I rather prefer the original 6 step version. I can not follow nwhen new ideas (swap without need towards a „creative“-circular-planing. I do not like much a 9 point-sheme). A great range of similarities is there in all the encouraging details. A hiper-„adrenalin“ (and Amydala) cicle stands for awareness in Gupthas work. So now, I simply sugest to start with -0- for this first „stop, stop, stop!“ step. Than I tuk – 1(for 2.) 2 (for 3.)... 5 (for 7) and 6 (for 8). I kept the DNRS List and I would dare to leaf out the verry last step number „9“. Where as now the higher self - Number 4 has (a, b and c) a-multi-position-step to turn to (NO 3, NO 2 and 3).

I saw someone ask @planet thrive forum: When would you use your Gupta and what situations is the DNRS good for? Well my answer is: Your inner self only wants one way. (So without good reasons - after a good start - Never muddle up much.)

So I am saying. When you see this, and have already been familiar with Gupta, Than you might as well use it (like I will do). All the words with Hooper and than: The steps on the floor with (ajusting like above and) the two lines in V – shape that Gupta has already used. And for me (with this reduced - System of nubers) it may be much easier to be grasped. So please, would you try out your own best combination. Can you follow? How do you use this and what do you think ?

student

OK, I agree.@SOC – I do see a majority of poor results, so far. Having gone through some brain rewiring let me sugest this. The verry strange thing about CFS is – they would not enter into - what can be possible with DNRS technique. My key word for this is eager Entry. Tell me @home. How can you possably get to this atmosphere – to eager (and early) invest into this neural approach strategies? There is this a way to go.

Try this as a short DNRS approach: Your core feature will be this STOP! Retraining-Technique. It can be aimed – for a relativly short form.. I tell you the most effective (with III, 2 DVD) that I have done a) learn steps – just walk, than slowly start the talk (– with your worksheet) @hand. - b) get the eager repetition of this stop retraining done. In CFS aim for 50 repetitions verry soon in one or two days (this is half what Amie asks you to do). c) find a few points in day to days living where to use. d) than fill in the papers – of this starting point – for this Stop-technique.

The verry early (stop-) repetition plus a detailed understanding – where and when to use during the early first days of the program. To my understanding – just here could lie a major key to our better successrates with your CFS.