• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rethinking Probiotics.

Oci

I have been using Bravo yogurt from the swiss protocol and during the day taking a lot of Psyllium husks and inulin fibre, in the hope that the bacteria will feed on the prebiotics in the gut and remain in place. SInce doing this, I have certainly slept better and had better energy and focus (marginally). The issue is that when I stop the probiotic, my symptoms come back..... any ideas??

Are you willing to try and tolerant of fermented foods - sauerkraut, Kefir and many others. I'm fairly intolerant of these but try from time to time. Pickled foods even. You can also get a lot of fibre in your diet. Eat lots of celery, the tougher parts of broccoli that many cut off and throw away. Etc Etc Stop eating refined carbs ie sweets, white bread etc.

I don't know what is in Bravo yogurt but we need lots of different bacteria. Glad it helps you sleep!

ChrisD

Are you willing to try and tolerant of fermented foods - sauerkraut, Kefir and many others. I'm fairly intolerant of these but try from time to time. Pickled foods even. You can also get a lot of fibre in your diet. Eat lots of celery, the tougher parts of broccoli that many cut off and throw away. Etc Etc Stop eating refined carbs ie sweets, white bread etc.

I don't know what is in Bravo yogurt but we need lots of different bacteria. Glad it helps you sleep!

Hi @Oci Exactly, great info - I follow these principles strictly and have been for almost a year - seeing improvement all the time. I have tried sauerkraut and have a mild histamine reaction, the same for kefir but not quite as bad. I feel like a salesman when I push Bravo to other people but really I just want to see if people have the same benefit that I have had, particularly with sleep, It has a wide range of bacteria, colostrum and supposedly produces GCMAF in the gut to support the immune system. It clearly improves internal digestive health and I sleep much better - it has trillions of bacteria in rather than the millions in Capsules or billions in a portion of kefir, its a very potent probiotic

Oci

I had a quick look at Bravo yogurt and it is certainly no ordinary yogurt. I have a casein allergy and so it is likely not for me.

ChrisD

I had a quick look at Bravo yogurt and it is certainly no ordinary yogurt. I have a casein allergy and so it is likely not for me.

There is no Casein in it, part of the procedure is boiling the milk until it forms a skin (The casein) which you remove and put in bin - I guess if you have an allergy then you have to be careful to remove it all. It is also Lactose free post fermentation as the bacteria feed on the lactose in the milk. The stumbling block is the price tag, but I would recommend anyone to get atleast the week trial kit

Oci

There is no Casein in it, part of the procedure is boiling the milk until it forms a skin (The casein) which you remove and put in bin - I guess if you have an allergy then you have to be careful to remove it all. It is also Lactose free post fermentation as the bacteria feed on the lactose in the milk. The stumbling block is the price tag, but I would recommend anyone to get atleast the week trial kit
Many thanks, ChrisD, It sounds quite amazing. I believe that you can use some of the batch to then seed your own yogurt. Is that correct?
I wonder if I can get it in Canada. Hope someone will chime in.

ChrisD

@Oci You can indeed, i have tried to do that by reculturing a couple of spoonfuls with a fresh batch of boiled milk and a scoop of colostrum from a health food store. Unfortunately after many attempts it does not quite have the potency of pure Bravo and I have then had a couple of histamine reactions - perhaps to higher levels of acidophillus. But it is still a good probiotic and I will put the reculture in vegetable smoothies. But the Original first gen Bravo culture has clear effects, you will see what I mean ;)

btdt

about bravo or it should be as that what I searched.
Ruggiero's new product Rerum (replacing GcMAF)
Marco Ruggiero is now saying that GcMAF wasn't responsible for the success of his two previous products, Goleic or Bravo probiotic, but rather chondroitin sulphate, oleic acid, vitamin D2 and D3. Conveniently, he's saying this after his GcMAF product was banned in the UK (and after all the recent controversy over it) Now he's turning these food-based ingredients into a new product called Rerum, which happens to cost 500 euros a bottle.

This is the Rerum Protocol he's promoting:
Ketogenic diet
Rconstitution of the overall immune system through reconstitution of the microbiome
Rerum
Ultrasound-targeted therapy

Don't know why this isn't getting more press, as the entire GcMAF landscape screams fishy. Tread carefully my DIY-treatment friends.

http://bravoprobiotic.co.uk/2016/01/16/will-rerum-protocol-replace-swiss-protocol/