• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Restoration of impaired intestinal barrier function by the hydrolysed casein diet contributes to the

Enid

Thanks nanonug - lovely findings - sure is where it all begins. Intestinal barrier function seemingly basic to other diseases too.

roxie60

casein is a milk protein (learned 3 weeks ago I am allergic/sensitive to this protein). If I understood what I was reading. hydrolized sounds like it is related to some type of oil. maybe that is where I heard recently McDonalds fires or some chains fries are made with milk, I was baffeled at that one but if its somehow included in the oil then it would make sence

never mind, I'm a babling idiot today, nothing I read makes sense, have to read it multiple times, it sounds likein this case hyro casein is a good thing??? anything casein would not be good for me, at least not now.

adreno

PR activist
casein is a milk protein (learned 3 weeks ago I am allergic/sensitive to this protein). If I understood what I was reading. hydrolized sounds like it is related to some type of oil. maybe that is where I heard recently McDonalds fires or some chains fries are made with milk, I was baffeled at that one but if its somehow included in the oil then it would make sence
Hydrolyzed protein just means it's already broken down into it's amino acid parts, so it's easier to absorb. It's not oil related.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I'll just throw out that while whey has been the supposed wonder component of milk for quite a while, casein is coming back in fashion especially as in the form of micellar casein. That let's the delivery of protein occur over an extended period of time, whereas in homogenized milk the micelles have been deconstructed. But there are likely to be other effects of retaining the micelles, especially since Ca etc are positioned inside.

So anyway I did a quick search of the web and so see the expected articles about raw milk as Tx for CFS.

CJB

Interesting. Infants develop their intestinal mucosal lining using breast milk, so it's not too far fetched IMO that some component of milk would repair intestinal lining.

Sherlock

Interesting. Infants develop their intestinal mucosal lining using breast milk, so it's not too far fetched IMO that some component of milk would repair intestinal lining.
and yet tryptase breaks down tight junctions, while lactoferrin (found in colostrum) is a tryptase inhibitor

CJB

and yet tryptase breaks down tight junctions, while lactoferrin (found in colostrum) is a tryptase inhibitor
I know nothing of colostrum production in humans, but in dogs, it's produced for the first few days only and then actual milk production begins. So I'm guessing, again, that the enzymes, etc., may be different in colostrum.

Sherlock

I know nothing of colostrum production in humans, but in dogs, it's produced for the first few days only and then actual milk production begins. So I'm guessing, again, that the enzymes, etc., may be different in colostrum.
okay, it seemed like quite a conundrum and I thought you or someone else in the thread might know the answer