• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Restaurant delivery service

Andrew

Today was the first time I used a restaurant delivery service. There are several but I used GrubHub because I remembered the name. And the result is I just had lunch delivered from one of my favorite places. It's been years since I had their food.

It was also easier than calling a restaurant and ordering by phone, because the website takes care of the payment, tip, and even provides a place for special instruction. And the special instructions are needed because some delivery people can't figure out that they need to walk to the apartment building entrance to get started. And others who figure out how to get to the gate, neglect to look at the panel there that explains how to ring me. So they call me from their cell phone and I have to ask if they are at the front gate yet. Then explain to them that the system doesn't provide a way for me to buzz them in unless they use the panel to call me. And then they ask me how to use the panel, etc. And this can get a bit stressful.

Anyway, today was the first day and maybe I just got lucky that the guy either figured it out how to buzz me or read the instructions. I hope future orders go just as smoothly.

Today was the first time I used a restaurant delivery service. There are several but I used GrubHub because I remembered the name. And the result is I just had lunch delivered from one of my favorite places. It's been years since I had their food.

It was also easier than calling a restaurant and ordering by phone, because the website takes care of the payment, tip, and even provides a place for special instruction. And the special instructions are needed because some delivery people can't figure out that they need to walk to the apartment building entrance to get started. And others who figure out how to get to the gate, neglect to look at the panel there that explains how to ring me. So they call me from their cell phone and I have to ask if they are at the front gate yet. Then explain to them that the system doesn't provide a way for me to buzz them in unless they use the panel to call me. And then they ask me how to use the panel, etc. And this can get a bit stressful.

Anyway, today was the first day and maybe I just got lucky that the guy either figured it out how to buzz me or read the instructions. I hope future orders go just as smoothly.

This type of delivery service can be a life saver for a very tired and sick person. When the energy just is gone for cooking , cleaning up afterwards, etc. , that phone call is a huge help. I have noticed that it's pretty rapid service, too. Some restaurants make just the kind of food needed for us, that is "healthy". Nice to get that as needed.

Thanks for mentioning this Andrew. I think our members can benefit by using this type of service.

I hope you are doing well : )

Andrew

This worked out so well I decided I should not be so lazy in finding delivery services. Because I've known about GrubHub for years, but never bothered. And today, my usual store that delivers groceries was out of stock on on key items. So I signed up for Instacart and found a different grocery store near me that had what I needed. And within an hour I had the missing items plus a few other things my regular store doesn't have.

Andrew

This keeps getting better. I just realized I can use the GrubHub interface search all the menus and tell me whether they offer steamed mixed vegetables. And, I can also search for place that serve green vegetable juice.