1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Resistant Starch--discussion of benefits/adverse effects only

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lizw118, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

I can't give you medical advice (I'm not qualified). But, all I can tell you that for me, I found it best to not take Primal Defense Ultra anymore because it gives me brain fog. I still take RS however and feel great as long as I don't take Primal Defense Ultra. I personally tolerate Prescript Assist very well.
    madietodd likes this.
  2. Sidereal

Sidereal

Primal Defense Ultra is loaded with lactobacillus strains. It's the last thing you wanna take if you have lactate issues like many of us with ME/CFS (and other diseases including anxiety disorders) have. Of the recommended paleo probiotics, I have found Prescript Assist and AOR 3 to be surprisingly well tolerated and beneficial for IBS.
  3. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

No problem with Primal Defense Ultra here.
  4. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    I am still so confused! Still having trouble trying to figure out what to try and what to avoid.

I am feeling like the Align (B. infantis) is proving helpful. So is the prebiotic FiberAid (LAG). Those I believe are key for me.

S. boulardii was seemingly well tolerated except for increasing the constipation. No surprise there as it is a remedy for the opposite problem. Mutaflor also seemed to be in the ok category. Whether it was doing anything, I'm not sure. I was taking the pill form.

Prescript-Assist is the only SBO I've tried. Both times I took it I got a horrible migraine. Not sure whether that means I should stop completely or if it is just too strong and I need to wait until other remedies improve things.

In the past couple days, I added Organic Kefir. Not the do-it-yourself type. A bottled version from the local health food store. This brand is made on a farm in Ontario that does everything from milking the cow to putting the finished product on a truck. www.pinehedge.com

It is definitely powerful stuff. I have been taking 3tbsp each day, with some fresh strawberries mixed in to improve the flavour. The first 2 days felt awful but feeling better today. I'm not sure when to take it though.

Is it okay to take it at the same time as the LAG, or would some of the enzymes in the Kefir eat my prebiotic (LAG)? Obviously that is not what I want!

I'd like to take another prebiotic but there is so much conflicting info I don't know whether to try FOS or inulin or not. If anyone has done a lot of research on either and can run down the pros and cons, I'd appreciate it.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Oops, @Valentijn, I just realised I posted this on the wrong thread - mistook this for the main RS thread. I'll repost over there and delete my message here.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.