The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Researchers discover that HBOT greatly reduces or eliminates pain in women with fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by Sushi, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Hanna, ahmo, Wayne and 2 others like this.
  2. perrier

perrier Senior Member

From the photo it looks like they used the hard chamber,rather than the soft one. The article doesn't indicate the pressure required.

My daughter has done the soft chamber and on one occasion it truly helped after doing a good number of sessions. However, last year I rented a unit and no result whatsoever.

But the hard chamber is a totally different kettle of fish.

Thanks for posting this Sushi.

barbc56 likes this.
  3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Intriguing. The study was two years ago. I wonder if there has been any follow as well as replication of this study and if patient's improvement continued.

I am not familiar with HBOT nor how/why it would work. Maybe that information is in the full study.

Barb

4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I like the finding, I am very dubious about the conclusions. I think forcing oxygen into areas where the mircrocirculation is failing is just as viable an hypothesis.

5. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

I've noticed that fibro patients are treated by rheumatologists. They get stuck there in that diagnosis, with rheumatologists who have limited knowledge. When I talk with them, many seem to have dysautonomias. They've never heard of it. Their doctors have never heard of it. I have never seen any research on dysautonomia in FM. I think they are being greatly underserved.

Treating my son's POTS improved a lot of his FM cross over symptoms, including his pain. In theory Florinef is increasing his blood volume, and therefore oxygen perfusion to all tissues, much like the HBOT would.

6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

@Never Give Up.

I see a neurologist who is very knowledgeable about FM. So is my PCP who gets most of the FM patients in the medical group.

Barb

7. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

That's great. What treatments do they recommend?

In my area FM is the realm of the rheumatologists.

Lyratic likes this.
  8. melihtas

melihtas Senior Member

Istanbul Turkey
  9. ErdemX

ErdemX Senior Member

Istanbul
  10. Tired of being sick

Tired of being sick Senior Member

Western PA USA
    Of course!

Now they need to find away to increase blood circulation from monophasic back to triphasic! .

Soon as the FDA approves surgical implant for Vagus nerve stimulation treatment for many illnesses!
    As of now the surgery is only approved for epilepsy as far as FDA and insurance goes.

However the non surgical P-STIM device is approve by the FDA but is not covered by Medicaid and Medicare.
    Some private insurance companies approve the P-STIM device for chronic pain.
    Although you have to pay for it up front then your private insurance will reimburse you.
    How much does one treatment cost?
    One four day treatment will cost you around $960.00..

See more popular forum discussions.